The Sadhanapada program at the Isha Yoga Center is a 7-month intensive residential program for transformation through focused sadhana - yogic practices and seva (volunteering).
Designed by Sadhguru and offered for free, these 7 months can be an insurance in one's life, allowing one to take charge of their body and mind and live life joyfully and effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Attending the Inner Engineering program (Full course with initiation into Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya) is mandatory to participate in Sadhanapada. Also it is essential that you be in good mental, emotional and physical health due to the rigorous nature of the schedule and activity.
- Participating in Isha Hatha Yoga programs (Surya Kriya, Angamardana, Yogasanas) and Advanced Isha Yoga programs (BSP, Shoonya) is highly recommended.
- Understanding of basic English language is required, as it is the medium of instruction (only Tamil translation is available).
- The first step is to fill out the Sadhanapada 2020 Pre-Registration Form.
- After that, there will be an online interview and health assessment for each applicant.
- The Volunteers’ Coordination Department (VCD) will then inform you about the status of your application.
Yes couples and family members are welcome to apply. Each person must fill out their own application form and go through the application process separately.
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, there are no fees for the program. But you should come here with total commitment and willingness to be here for the entire duration of the program.
This is a 7-month program which requires you to be at the Isha Yoga Center continuously from Guru Purnima (July 2020) until Mahashivratri (March 2021). The exact commencement date of the program will be communicated to you by email or phone upon confirmation of your participation.
We encourage all participants to keep communication to a minimum during this time, so that they can focus on the sadhana and the program.
Yes, they can come and meet you outside of scheduled sessions or activity. If they wish to stay, make sure to book a stay for them in the cottages in advance.
To reap the most from this conducive time of the year, it requires a commitment to be intensely focused upon one’s growth for 7 continuous months. So, one should not plan to take any break or leave the supportive environment of the Yoga Center during the program. However, in case of emergency situations, the program coordination team will look at such cases on an individual basis.
- 100% attendance in all sessions is mandatory.
- Participants are expected to follow the program schedule strictly.
- All participants must stay in the Isha Yoga Center premises for the complete duration of the training program, unless they are going on a trek or excursion organized by the Yoga Center.
Accommodation is provided within the Yoga Center.
Singles and those applying alone: Participants will share a dormitory with common bath and toilet facilities. Men and women will be given separate accommodation.
Couples: If you are attending the program with your spouse and would like to stay together, please indicate this in your application form.
- Two wholesome vegetarian meals will be provided, as well as fresh fruit juice or kanji in the afternoon. The first meal is at 10:00/10:45 am and the second at 7:00/7:45 pm.
- The kitchen will not be able to accommodate any specific dietary requirements, hence the participants will have to arrange for it themselves.
The Volunteers’ Coordination Department will inform the Sadhana Pada participants about what they need to bring with them for the program.
Indian clothing style is modest, so please bring clothing that covers the shoulders, midriff and knees at all times for both men and women. Proper attire includes: ankle length pants for both men and women (no capris or shorts) and long shirts that cover the upper arms and thighs. Traditional Indian clothing such as kurtas, dhotis/panchakacham or pant for gents and salwar kameez , kurtis or saris for women are recommended. Please avoid tight clothing such as shirts and jeans – both for your own comfort and as a sign of respect for the local culture.
- Isha Yoga Center will provide basic first aid and medical assistance. Any serious medical conditions such as asthma, chronic ailments, allergies, heart conditions, physical disabilities, injuries and history of mental imbalances/disorders, must be informed to the Volunteers’ Coordination Department well in advance.
- Withholding any information about one's current or prior medical condition can lead to your application or participation being rejected at any stage of the program.
Yes, please plan to apply for your visa at least one month in advance of your travel in order to allow for the necessary processing time.
No, a tourist visa will not be appropriate for this program.
The coordination team will guide the confirmed Sadhanapada participants as to what type of visa to apply for and will also provide the necessary documents required from Isha Foundation to apply for the visa.
It is best to follow the advice of your local health professional and/or your respective country's national health service regarding which immunizations you should take before traveling.
Phone: +91 83000 98777
Email : email@example.com
I was doing different jobs, living in different countries. So there was always that restlessness. I think that one of the biggest things that I didn’t even realize before was how much tension I had. So these seven months of Sadhanapada have been really explosive for me and just the sense of joy and clarity and balance that I got here is really incredible.
Earlier, I would spend an enormous amount of time thinking about myself – my career, my relationships, my health and my finances, my joys, my sorrow. After coming to Sadanapada, I have experienced a few moments of emptiness within me and received a lot of what life has to offer. I realized the immensity of this ‘life’ and the insignificance of this ‘I’. Now, I aspire for emptiness and stillness, so that I can be fully receptive to the wonders of what life has to offer to me.
It’s a weird sensation being light like a feather but strong at the same time…. For me Sadhanapada means liberation – liberation from the old ways. Earlier I was stressed all the time or depressed or angry or anxious – I was anxious about everything all the time. So Sadhanapada has freed me from all of that, from that state of continuous anxiety.
Sadhana is slowly breaking all my resistance and I want to surrender completely to it so all the walls of resistance break within me. I feel humbled and privileged for the fact that we ourselves have come as volunteers and we got an opportunity to go through a structured program like this where other volunteers are making things happen for us. Being grateful seems to be a very small word.
It would have taken me years, if ever, to establish the level of Sadhana that I am sustaining here.
Sadhanapada is the biggest turning point in my life and the best decision I have ever taken. What this program has given me is phenomenal that nobody can give me in my entire life. The time spent here has helped me realize that the only one person to work on is me. Earlier I was blaming outside situations for things that were happening within, but Sadhanapada has scrubbed off so many things for me in thoughts, emotions and body. So, thank you Sadhguru for giving us this big opportunity and for allowing me to be in place where everything from waking up to food to shelter is taken care of and I just need to learn how to be.