Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
• Focus upon establishing these powerful practices in their own experience and then engage in rigorous training, which empowers them to teach others.
• Explore and learn different aspects of yoga beyond asanas (postures) including Kriyas, Pranayam, Bandhas, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Bhakti Sadhana and Bhuta Shuddhi.
• Delve into subjects, which will help to understand the human body in both structure and function, including anatomy and physiology, the pranic system, the science of Siddha medicine, yogic principles, lifestyle, and diet.
• Be able to offer over 130 different teaching modules, designed for different settings and different audiences, based on the participants’ aspirations and health/life situation.
Trainees will be introduced to the science of Siddha medicine and its complementary application with the science of Yoga.
Trainees will learn about a conducive diet for practicing Hatha Yoga. Beyond mere do’s and don’ts, the curriculum looks in depth at the effect of particular foods on the system and how different foods can support or restrict one’s physical and spiritual development.
Trainees will learn about subtler aspects of the human body from a yogic perspective.
Trainees will learn the principles of a yogic lifestyle, which will be reflected in their daily schedule and life at the Yoga Center.
Trainees will learn the relevance and application of these foundational principles to the practice of yoga.
A step‐by‐step methodology has been devised by Sadhguru for training teachers in organizing and conducting programs.
Trainees will learn how to prepare more than 48 different modules, including 1‐day, 3‐day, 1‐week, 2‐week, and 1‐month modules, as well as drop-in classes. Trainees will learn how to prescribe different modules based on participant needs, as well as receive real-life training on different class situations that may arise.
Trainees will have the unique opportunity to visit places in Southern India which are of significance to the yogic tradition, as well as perform site-specific sadhana specifically devised by Sadhguru to evolve one’s inner experience, appreciation, and understanding of the science of yoga. Trainees will also have the rare opportunity to take a pilgrimage to some of Southern India’s most powerful sites, located in the nearby Velliangiri Mountains.
A powerful process of Bhuta Shuddhi, purification of the five elements, will be offered to participants at the Dhyanalinga, on a specific day of the month known as Shivratri. The qualities of each of the five elements are made accessible through a powerful process involving mantra (sound), yantra (form), tantra (technology), and sarvanga sadhana (using the human body as an instrument of worship). The material form of each element, along with its corresponding mantra and an elaborate series of movements, are designed to create a certain reverberation, thus harmonizing this element within the human system.
• Powerful processes and spiritually significant occasions that take place at the Dhyanalinga and Linga Bhairavi.
• Festivals and celebrations at the Yoga Center, including Guru Purnima, Krishna Jayanti, Diwali and Dusshera.
• Basic and advanced Isha Yoga Programs conducted at the Center.
• Volunteering activities at the ashram, which will also help in making one more receptive to the process of yoga.
• After careful assessment, those trainees that meet the requirements for successful completion will receive certification to teach Isha Hatha Yoga as an independent teacher.
• For certified teachers, post‐training support will be provided by Isha on various levels. A continuing training process will be required for teachers to maintain their certification on an ongoing basis.
• The program fee for the 21 weeks Hatha Yoga Teacher’s training program is USD 10,000(~75 Dollars per day) / INR 6,00,000 (Applicable only for Indian citizens residing in India) for about 1750 hours of training.
• The program fee covers all aspects of the program including accommodation, training materials, trips and meals.
Interview: On receipt and approval of your application, an online interview will be conducted.
Response: After your interview, you will be informed about your application status as soon as possible.
The program fee for the 21 weeks Hatha Yoga Teacher’s training program is USD 10,000(~75 Dollars per day) / INR 6,00,000 (Applicable only for Indian citizens residing in India) for about 1750 hours of training. In addition to the 21 weeks of intensive training, it also includes:
• Training Material
• Practice Material
• Bhuta Shuddhi Kit
• 2 sets of practice clothing suited for Hatha Yoga
• Post Training Support, including ongoing practice corrections and new teaching material.
• Introduction to classical South Indian medicine, the ancient Siddha science.
• Classes and materials in anatomy and physiology.
• Job placement opportunities.
• Access to a growing network of teachers and teaching opportunities.
The Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program is a very disciplined and intense process. It will require 100% involvement in all sessions and full commitment to the process.
Daily schedule: The day begins promptly at 5:30 am and usually ends in the night by 9:30pm. Practice sessions will be in the morning and evening. Rest of the day is dedicated to classroom and teaching aspects. The ashram follows a two meals system – brunch and dinner, with a snack in the afternoon.
• 100% attendance in all classes is mandatory.
• Students are expected to follow the program schedule strictly.
• All participants must stay in the Isha Yoga Center premises for the complete duration of the training program, unless they are going on a trek or excursion organized by the program.
Due to the unique nature of the program and the environment in which it is being conducted, the Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program is only being offered at the Isha Yoga Center in Coimbatore, India. This space has been designed in such a way that it is incredibly supportive for the training, allowing trainees to push past their limitations and commit themselves in a very profound way.
No sponsorships or discounts are being offered.
- Attending the Inner Engineering program (Full course with initiation into Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya) and also attending 1 Isha Hatha Yoga program (e.g. Surya Kriya, Angamardana, Surya Shakti, Yogasanas) is mandatory to participate in the training program. Also it is essential that you be in good mental, emotional and physical health due to the rigorous nature of the schedule and activity.
- Participating in advanced Isha foundation programs (BSP, Shoonya) is highly recommended. These simple but powerful energy processes for inner transformation will greatly enhance your experience of the training.
For certified teachers, continuous post-training support will be provided by Isha on various levels. Ongoing support after the program includes:
- Regular Upgrade Sessions to continue the teacher training process by introducing new practices, modules, learning modifications for existing practices, and more. It is also an opportunity to meet with training teachers and teachers from other batches, share your experience and get your questions answered.
- An alumni support system to address questions, notify about upgrade sessions and events, job opportunities, share monthly newsletter and videos/ content will be available as well as an interactive community forum to stay connected with fellow teachers.
- Foundation support (subject to terms and conditions) is also available to help with:
- Getting in touch with local center to get started with the teaching process
- Getting in touch with alumni from previous programs
- Organizing classes, class material and volunteer support
- Help with marketing activity to promote your classes
- The Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program has been designed by Sadhguru to train and equip participants to become teachers and offer the possibility of Classical Hatha Yoga to the world.
- It is a Teacher’s Training program and therefore only candidates who sincerely wish to teach will be accepted. The program is very intense in nature and will require absolute focus and commitment.
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program can transform your life in a beautiful and powerful way. It is an opportunity to:
• Learn Classical Hatha Yoga through a program designed by Sadhguru, a live master and yogi.
• Soak in 5 months dedicated to learning and deepening your own practice, including the systems of Upa Yoga, Angamardana, Surya Kriya, Surya Shakti, Yogasanas.
• Focus upon establishing these powerful practices in your own experience and then engage in rigorous training which empowers you to teach others.
• Explore and learn different aspects of yoga beyond asanas (postures) including Kriya, Pranayam, Bandhas, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Bhakti Sadhana and Bhuta Shuddi.
• Delve into subjects, which will help you to understand the human body in both structure and function, including anatomy and physiology, the pranic system, the science of Siddha medicine, yogic principles, lifestyle, and diet.
• Live and practice in the Adiyogi Alayam, a consecrated space specially designed by Sadhguru for learning Hatha Yoga.
• Be trained by highly qualified and inspiring teachers who are directly trained and guided by Sadhguru.
• Offer over 48 different teaching modules, designed to be taught in different settings and to different audiences based on the participants’ aspirations and various health/life situations.
• Train with dedicated individuals from around the world, creating a rich multicultural experience and broad network of colleagues.
• Participate in a variety of celebrations, events and special occasions at the Yoga Center, including:
• Powerful processes like Pancha Bhutha Aradhana in Dhyanalinga and Pournami Abhishekam at Linga Bhairavi.
• Festivals and celebrations at the Yoga Center.
• Basic and advanced Isha Yoga Programs conducted at the Center.
• Participation at ashram Sathsangs (literally “communion with truth”) with Sadhguru.
You will be trained to teach both alone as well as with a demonstrator.
Certification will take into consideration, but not be limited to, the following aspects:
• Attendance: All sessions are mandatory. 100% attendance is compulsory.
• Practice Instructions: Trainees must be able to memorize practice instructions.
• Conducting classes: Trainees must show proficiency in conducting mock classes.
• Practice: Trainees should be competent to demonstrate the practices.
• Attitude: Trainees should be sincere and willing to participate fully in all aspects of the program.
Before learning Surya Kriya, I had heard that it was very "powerful." I didn't really know what the meant, and thought it was too ambiguous to really mean anything...but after learning it, "powerful" made perfect sense. After my first complete Surya Kriya practice, I felt as if my entire body was in a meditative state.