Pancha Bhutas – The Possibility of the Five Elements
Sadhguru answers a question about the significance of purifying the five elements in the system and how one can make use of such a process for their wellbeing.

Question: What are the pancha bhutas?

Sadhguru: Whether you want to know pleasure or you want to know bliss, for both your system has to become willing. If you want to know pleasure, your mind should come to a certain state of willingness and your physical body should be in a certain level of sensitivity. If you want to know the bliss of being one with something larger than yourself, once again your body has to cooperate. Whether it is the individual human body or the larger cosmic body, essentially, they are made of five elements – earth, water, fire, air and space. In this, the first four elements are the active participants – space is the catalytic force. It is in the lap of this boundless space that these four elements play the game. So, the pancha bhutas are the five elements of nature.

What you call “myself” is just a mischief of these five elements. If you want to realize the full potential of this mechanism that you call a human being or if you want to transcend this one and become one with the larger, cosmic mechanism, you need their cooperation. Unless you have a certain amount of mastery over these five elements you can neither know the pleasure of the individual self nor the blissfulness of the cosmic being.

The fundamental sadhana in yoga to gain mastery over these five elements or to purify the elements in the system in such a way that they cooperate, is referred to as bhuta shuddhi. If these five elements don’t cooperate, you can struggle as much as you want, nothing happens. Only with their cooperation, from the basic aspects to the highest aspect, your life becomes a possibility. This human system is like a doorway. A door has two aspects to it – if you are always facing closed doors, for you doors mean that which stops you. If doors are opening up for you, then for you a door means a possibility of entering into something. In either case, it is the same door; which side of the door you are on decides everything about your life, even in terms of time and space. Whether you experience this body as a great possibility or a great barrier simply depends on the extent these five elements are cooperating.

India is a land which has seen that kind of sadhana, focus, understanding and mastery for a very long time. For the five elements in nature, there are five temples, which are all geographically located within the Deccan Plateau – four in Tamil Nadu, and one in Andhra Pradesh. These temples were created not for worship, but for sadhana. People moved from one temple to the other to do sadhana on each of the five elements. At one temple, they did sadhana on earth, then, they went to the next temple to do sadhana on water, and so on. Unfortunately, this connection is not there anymore because the sadhana atmosphere has been taken away. This understanding and mastery is generally missing, but the temples still exist. Some of them have maintained that vibrance and quality, while some of them have become weak.

In Isha Yoga, every sadhana has something to do with organizing these five elements in such a way that you can reap the best out of the individual being and the cosmic nature because both are just a play of these five elements. Whether this individual physical body becomes a stepping stone for your ultimate possibility or a hurdle towards that essentially depends on how you are able to deal with these five elements. What you are right now is just a little bit of earth, water, air and temperature. All the ingredients are out there in the garden; it just takes a little divine touch to make these four things into a throbbing human being.

Sitting here, if you are aware of how the water, air, earth and fire in your body are functioning, suddenly you live your life with so much ease, people start thinking you are superhuman. But this is not about being superhuman – this is about realizing that being human is super. Being human is super if only you learn to use your humanity and this human mechanism as a possibility, not as a barrier.

Editor's Note: Every month, through a powerful process known as Pancha Bhuta Aradhana, Sadhguru opens up a unique opportunity for devotees to benefit from this deep yogic science which would otherwise require intense sadhana.

On the 14th day of every lunar month, known as Shivaratri, and especially on Mahashivratri , there will be an opportunity to experience the Pancha Bhuta Aradhana at the Dhyanalinga between 5:40 pm and 6:10 pm.

For registration, please contact:
Phone No: +91 422-2515425
Mobile No: +91 9487895878
Email: pba@ishafoundation.org

Visited 4 out of these with your grace...Earth alone is pending..so near so far - Kancheepuram...You know when it is time for me to get there...Namaskarams...

9 months 3 weeks ago

These are genuinely wonderful ideas in concerning blogging.

You have touched some nice points here. Any way keep up wrinting.

1 year 2 months ago

I was suggested this web site by means of my cousin. I am no longer certain whether or not this put up is written via him as
no one else know such special approximately my problem.
You are incredible! Thank you!

Hi..

Sadguru said water is also one of the elements in cosmos

can you confirm with Sadguru did water exist outside earth..

Akash, this is about life and not religion. Now that you can see a crack, open it a little and see, you may find the treasure inside. Just like so many of us logical minded coherent, consistent and pragmatic people have.

9 months ago

Nike Shox deliver males's sneakers is a shoe with a small
amount of building of cushion that offers it the
concept support and lightweight weight feel to it.
It also options Nike Shox know-how for optimum cushioning and comfort.

Namaskaram Sadhguru, Can you please name these 5 temples and their exact locatoons that you have mentioned here? Visiting these temples will help our sadhana? Please suggest...

11 months 3 weeks ago

Excellent way of explaining, and nice article
to obtain facts on the topic of my presentation topic, which i am going to convey in academy.

Before denying anything we must do research. Just simply we shouldn't deny because we are in a position of inacceptance with our PREFIXED IDEAS of RELIGIONISM. The main barrier for our INABILITY TO GROW /MATURE is our prefixed ideas. Here we are looking Dhyanalinga as Sivalinga in the Camouflage of RELIGIONISM. It is a SOLIDIFIED MERCURY Linga which has got lot of scientific background behind it. Instead we are unable to accept because we are unable to come out of CLUTCHES of RELIGIONISM which was unfortunately used by politicians (present as well as past) as a weapon for their selfish deeds / benefits.Even before the modern era of telescope all the planets were discovered. Without science how it would have been a possibility.

8 months 2 weeks ago

I see Adidas Men's AdiPURE Motion White Golf Shoes selling at lots of
the on-line store.

1 year 2 months ago

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe this web site needs a lot
more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the advice!

Is the earth outside the cosmos?

11 months 3 weeks ago

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the structure of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content
so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for
only having one or two pictures. Maybe you could space
it out better?

I learnt recently that each of the temples is also associated with a specific chakra, and that's as below:
* Kanchipuram (Earth): Mooladhara
* Trichy Thiruvanaikaval (Water): Swadhisthana
* Thiruvannamalai (Fire): Manipuraka
* Shreekalahasthi (Air): Anahatha
* Chidhambaram (Space): Vishudhdhi
This reminded me of an experience that shook me for hours together, after I came out of the Shreekalahasthi temple after a specific process and darshan. I was in absolute love that I couldn't feel away from any other. Its Sadhguru's Grace that had made me so... receptive to the Temple's energy that it had me know intense love so deeply(aspect of the Anahatha).
Every time I visit a temple now, I feel the way I relate to it and stay receptive towards it has transformed so much. I bow down to you, Sadhguru, for setting me right and helping me get better.

1 year 2 months ago

You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I
find this matter to be really something which I feel I would never understand.
It kind of feels too complicated and very extensive for me.

I'm looking forward to your subsequent publish, I'll try to get the
grasp of it!

11 months 1 week ago

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get
three emails with thee same comment. Is there any
way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!

Those of you who are making it to the Shreekalahasthi Temple, should definitely go to the Kannapar temple at the top of the hill nearby(very close to the temple and accessible via steps) and also to another temple there, which the locals call as the most ancient temple and about 4000 years old. This ancient temple, as I remember is also closer to the Shreekalahasthi Temple. Those of them who are wondering who Kannapar is, its the Kannapa Nayanar, for whom a panel is dedicated at Dhyanalinga Shrine(next to Akka Mahadevi's panel). Its said Arjun on his next birth was born as Kannapar and he attained salvation here.
Pic 1 shows the steps adjacent to temple and closer to hill, which one has to take to visit Kannapar's Shrine. Pic 2 shows Kannapar offering His eyes (kangal) to Shiv, as Shiva's eyes begin to bleed.

Thanks a lot! :)

11 months 1 week ago

Ahaa, its pleasant discussion on the topic of this piece of writing here at this
web site, I have read all that, so at this time me also
commenting here.

We don't need telescopes to see a planet. Naked eye is enough.

1 year 1 month ago

Le guide est un outil important pour la mise
en place et l'implémentation d'un système autocontrôle (SAC)
propre à l'entreprise.

Nakaskaram Sadhguru, Sahib bandhigi tells there is Amarlok from where we are decedents.. its the Kaal Purush Niranjan who is controlling the mind and is placed at the 7th Chakra of the body.. If we take Naam from Kabir sahib and be connected to him by concentration it seems that we can get salvation and get liberated from this universe..

11 months ago

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone
4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to
all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

1 year 3 months ago

Hello there! I could have sworn I've visited your blog before but after going through
a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely pleased I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back often!

1 year 1 month ago

This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Sri Kalahasti near Tirupati, Tiruvanaikkaval, Tiruvannamalai, Kanchipuram, Chidambaram

11 months ago

No other model has a more distinguished historical past and stronger reference to
sport than adidas.

1 year 3 months ago

I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never
found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.wholesale nba jerseys from China

1 year 1 month ago

Buses run to Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh in Cambodia.

This is all hog wash. There is absolutely no logical coherence, consistency and pragmatism in what SJV says. He is only trying to promote Hinduism in disguise. Osho was blunt, but at least he was honest and vulnerable. SJV is a snake in the grass. He claims that there is no worship at Isha Centers. What is Pancha Bhuta Aradhana? Aradhana is worship. Dhyanalinga is nothing but a Shivalinga, the male fertility organ which is meditated upon and worshiped. If he wants to worship Shiva, that is fine if he owns up to what it is. But this kind of playing with words, dishonesty and lying does the cause of Hinduism no good. It will only underline the fact for the westerner. Hindus believe in no good or bad, truth or falsehood. Everything is opinion. Indians will be seen as sly, scheming and slimy. It will give birth to a world full of Rajat Guptas.

10 months 4 weeks ago

The efficiency development of Adidas was the most effective compared with Nike
and Puma.

1 year 3 months ago

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the
post I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it
and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

1 year 1 month ago

Vietnam adoptsd a tradition of viticulture.

Akash Sagar, pls do read on what Swami Vivekanada had to say about Shiv linga and increase ur knowledge,. Google comple works of Swami vivekanda.

10 months 2 weeks ago

A lot of folks on this category have good luck discovering their
favorite pair of shoes on-line.

1 year 2 months ago

Tony: you migɦt be very misinformed about many thіngs together wіtҺ Margaret Sanger...іn actual faсt you've inspired mе to do a hub оn her and her
evil organization Planned Parenthood.

1 year ago

I am genuinely happy to read this webpage posts which contains lots of useful facts,
thanks for providing such data.

it is absolute non sense to say shiva linga is a male fertility organ. if may look like one, but looking like doesnt mean actually it is. more over dhyana linga has nothing to do with the shiva lingas worshipped in hindu temples. It is just a tool. wiki says aradhana adoring. Pancha bootha aradhana means adoring the five elements which is just the the fundamentals of existance. As for as i have known, not even in one single hindu temple, they do pancha bootha aradhana. they do aradhanas only for their gods. this is just the fundamentals of your own body and you are adoring it. where hinduism comes here, i dont know !

10 months 2 weeks ago

Armor shoes as with any armor material provide for
consolation owing to their the moisture-wicking, mild weight and elastic property.