Isha Thaimai ...Holistic program for pregnant women
‘Isha Thaimai’ is an initiative specially designed for pregnant mothers to bring more awareness about the pregnancy period and teach them how to keep their body, mind, and emotion in a pleasant way, in order to experience a joyful pregnancy. Isha Arogya conducted one such health camp yesterday in Salem, as a follow-up to the first program, which happened on April 22nd.

It is not just about reproduction – as a mother, what kind of next generation you create is in your hands.

– Sadhguru

‘Isha Thaimai’ is an initiative specially designed for pregnant mothers to bring more awareness about the pregnancy period and teach them how to keep their body, mind, and emotion in a pleasant way, in order to experience a joyful pregnancy. This program is also a platform for them to learn about how to deliver a healthy baby and the best ways to take care of the child.

The program is a series of fifteen weekly sessions that offers expert advice to pregnant mothers, with each session lasting for 2 to 3 hours. The first series of classes were held from April 22nd onwards at the Isha Arogya Center, Salem. On 13th May, the second series of classes started at the same venue.

During pregnancy, it is very important that the body, mind, and heart are kept in a pleasant way, as the aspiration is to bring forth a more highly evolved being than us.

In this culture, there has been an elaborate system as to how to take care of a pregnant woman – a whole protected system. There is a whole science behind this; over a period of time it got exaggerated and lost its significance. Otherwise what kind of people she should meet, whom she should see and not see, what she should read and not read – everything was fixed. Her room was done up in a certain way. The idea was to keep her in utmost pleasantness, so not a moment of anger, frustration or resentment should happen within her.

Once a woman is pregnant she was taken care of like she was a precious jewel. This was done because the kind of impressions she puts into herself also goes into the child. If she is in such a pleasant state, she will provide the best possible situation for the child to flourish.

For more information, please contact: 94878-95440

Contact Details 91-94425 90017/16 @ Chennai; 91-94425 90018/91-94425 78852 @ Salem

Excellent vision about future generation – It could be revitalizing our future social and cultural structure. Ezhil

i wish someone would have told me about this when I was pregnant.I'm very very...........happy isha is taking this initiative.

Can they offer online program too?

Please let me know when this program starts... Pgm on june 3rd @ chennai was postponed to april 28th....

very useful program for the society!

I am married for 6 1/2 years. I could not get pregnant naturally. I underwent IUI a nd got pregnant twice but both pregnancies ended in miscarriage. One was an ectopic pregnancy. I have only one tube now. After years of trying I underwent IVF in July 2013 and became pregnant but it ended in another miscarriage.

I learned Shambavi in Oct 2013 and I have been doing it regularly. I felt my periodic cycle was getting regulated. Within 2 months of doing Shambavi, I am pregnant now. That too I have gotten pregnant naturally with just one tube. I could not believe. I am so happy.

My question is can I do Shambavi now? Should I avoid preparatory asanas? What precautionary steps should I take while doing Shambavi?

Hi, am carrying a second baby and attending this Thaimai programme in Santhoshapuram centre. Really, this is useful to come out of fear, mind stress, body stress and unwanted things during pregnancy. I found lot of good differences in inside of the body. Thanks to Sadhguru for arranging us this session :-).

1 year 1 month ago

Its not available as of now outside of Tamilnadu.