The Feminine Presence: Part II
Last week, we saw what Sadhguru had to say about housewives being paid a salary by their husbands. Today, in the concluding part of The Feminine Presence, we take a deeper look at the role of the feminine in the home as well as society, through Sadhguru’s words.

Sadhguru: Let’s look at this fundamentally. During the time of the caveman, men took care of food and shelter, the basic survival process. Women took care of cooking, nurturing and creating a better ambience for life. So the man fuelled the survival process and the woman fuelled that which makes living worthwhile. Without the woman’s contribution, when a caveman got up in the morning he would wonder, “Should I go out hunting today?” Because he had a wife and a child, there was a reason for him to go out and do something.

Feminine is not weak; it is just fulfilling a different aspect of life...

These are the two aspects fulfilled by masculine and feminine. From here on, when I say masculine and feminine, I want you to disengage these from being male and female. The natural tendency of the masculine is outgoing, it wants to take care of the survival process, it wants to take care of somebody. It doesn’t feel fulfilled unless it takes care of something. The natural tendency of the feminine is not like that; the feminine is absorbing, it creates an ambience of a certain beauty, love and gentleness.

There is a shift in today’s society. A woman may seek a career, but it is not just about that anymore. In today’s society, masculine ideals are becoming the most important. The tendencies of the masculine have become universal. Only masculine is power, or the right way to be, is a wrong perception that has seeped into society. Even women have started to understand it this way. So should a woman not be the caretaker? Yes, she can. But if the feminine was absent from the world, everybody would wonder, “Why are we here?” We would all be very successful, we would have a lot of food, a lot of money, but we would wonder, “Why are we here?” I’m not talking about male or female, I’m talking about masculine and feminine qualities.

A systematic obliteration of the feminine has happened in recent times. One of the reasons is that the world is driven by the economic engine. When economy becomes the only important thing on the planet, the survival process is automatically being put into a divine position. The masculine is bound to be dominant and in this system, women will suffer. Women will be mauled, not by a stranger. You may make laws for their protection, but the very system will maul them.

I think a lot of women are going through this and some of them are trying to find a balance between the two. The conflict is not happening because they are pursuing a career, but because the survival process has become the ideal. This is fundamentally a wrong way to structure a society. If aesthetics, love, music, dance, art and craft were as important as money, business and the stock market, you would see that the feminine would naturally play a significant role in the world.

Unfortunately, today there is very little role for the feminine. Even if a woman comes out of the house, she has to act like a man and only then she is successful. If she acts like a woman, she is considered weak. We need to see that feminine is not weak; it is just fulfilling a different aspect of life. Without that aspect, life is not complete. The day feminine is completely banished from this planet, life will not seem worth living anymore in spite of every convenience. Without the ambience of the feminine, masculine will feel meaningless.

Right now, a woman is trying to fit into the man’s world; this is not a good thing. She should not fit into a man’s world. Half the world should anyway be hers. Rather than trying to create a man’s world and fit a woman into it, which would twist her out of shape, it is best that we understand what is needed – a society where both masculine and feminine have equal roles to play. For that, our values of what is important in life have to change and our minds need to grow beyond the survival process. If spirituality became the most significant part of society, you would see that the feminine would be more dominant than the masculine.

Editor's Note: Sadhguru further explores the feminine, and answers many questions pertaining to women and spirituality, in the video "Women in Spirituality".

1 year ago

Sidi manufacture and produce a wide range of mountain bike shoes, this one featured is from their SRS sequence which has been specifically made
for the Cross Country or Cyclocross rider in thoughts..
A particular shoe aimed on the higher end market who need consolation, and a shoe that is made to
the very best standards, has a patented alternative sole system
for longer lasting shoes.

beautiful and amazing views..

1 year ago

I've compiled an inventory of some of the highest-rated and hottest running shoes designed for underpronation.

SADHGURU vies are far-reaching and filled with relevance. How nice it would be if it is accepted....

1 year ago

Say I adore you with this Valentine's Day reward basket.

Navratras around and Devi all around, Sadhguru writing on Feminine is so timely, I could see all around my life this feminine forces weakening with such clarity. I feel so humbleness and reverence for my mother, wife, daughter and elders and juniors, all sakshat embodiement of Devi ma, Just reading Sadhguru I am feeling Devi all around.
Thanks Sadhguru !!!!

11 months 3 weeks ago

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really know what you're speaking about!
Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my web site
=). We may have a link alternate agreement among us
wholesale nhl jerseys

Pranams Sadhguru. May I always receive your grace and your wisdom. Help me my guiding light my master.

11 months 2 weeks ago

St. Andrew's Day is a national holiday in Scotland.

You have once again impressed me Sadhguru. If only every man and woman saw things this way, I don't think there should be an issue between masculinity or femininity.

11 months 1 week ago

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to
make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something
informative to read?

Namaskaram Sadhguru god came in nine times, still on and on and on ......

11 months 1 week ago

Basically in white, although, as base color, the celebrity
collection is accessible in a variety of colours.

1 year 4 months ago

This is beautiful!!!! A balance between the two aspects is definitely essential, in Life.

10 months 3 weeks ago

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly.

I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show
the same results.

1 year 3 months ago

I’ll immediately size yyour rrss fded aas I ccan noot
inn fknding yiur email subschription hygperlink oor
newesletter service. Do youu have any? Pleqse allow mee knmow so that I
may subscribe. Thanks. Thiss iss a topic whicxh iis neqr
tto mmy heart... Thank you! Exawctly wherte are youir contaact deails though?
It iss thhe bet tkme too make soe plaans forr thee futujre and
it's time tto bbe happy. I havce learn ths puut up annd iif
I may jus I desire tto rcommend yyou sme fasxinating issuies oor
tips. Perhaps yoou ccan rite nexst articcles regardibg this article.
I desirte too reasd mokre issxues approximately it!

10 months 3 weeks ago

Thankѕ for one's marvelous posting! I seriously еnjoyed reading
it, you could be a great aսthor. I will make certain to bookmаrk
your bloɡ and will come back later on. I want to encoᥙrage that you continue
your great posts, һave a nice morning!

1 year 3 months ago

Dessa maneira, aquele depois de se consagrar-se,
os alunos permanecem na abrasamento calórica por inclusive 48 horas.

1 year 2 months ago

It is our personal blog. I focus on excellent lecture with
achieving every daughter. I talk about showing, technology, command, productivity, and also producing.
At some time I compose stuff don’t in shape efficiently into
those categories.
My personal vision is always to facilitate as many youngsters as is possible through avoiding the educator recognize
them, make them, also designate their particular classrooms a great incredible spot to learn.