The Starkness of Samyama

In this week's Spot, Sadhguru writes from the midst of Samyama, noting how the Adiyogi Alayam transformed itself in a matter of days for the program."From the splendor of Mahabharat to the starkness of Samyama. Both eight-day programs in the Adiyogi Alayam, but of totally different natures." Enjoy!

From the splendor of Mahabharat to the starkness of Samyama. Both eight-day programs in the Adiyogi Alayam, but of totally different natures. From vibrant saris and maharaja attire to bare whites. From dancing through the night to people working through their animal nature. And of course, the food. No one forgets the food at Samyama. At Mahabharat, we had a variety of flavors and foods, 15-course meals, but here in Samyama, only three courses – kanji, kanji and kanji.

But these 1,370 diehards are moving fabulously from the chaos of the body to absolute stillness within. And this is the first Samyama in the Adiyogi Alayam after so many years of having the program in Spanda Hall. About the same number of people in a space that is 2 ½ times the size. And in terms of experience, what participants are going through, the difference is palpable.

The word ‘spanda’ literally means ‘primal’ or ‘primordial’. Essentially, Spanda Hall was made for Bhava Spandana and Samyama programs - more for Bhava Spandana than Samyama. It is like a melting pot, things happen very easily. Bhava Spandana programs happen especially easily in Spanda Hall because of the nature of that consecration. If Bhava Spandana teachers teach somewhere else, they can clearly see the difference. It melts things down very easily, and it is built in a certain alignment with the Dhyanalinga and the Bhairavi Temple, which have a certain kind of impact.

The Adiyogi Alayam is of a different nature. What it does and the way it is calibrated are manifold. It is more functional because it is essentially structured for the science of yoga, so it includes everything. The science of yoga essentially means this: even a little baby, if you pinch him, he will cry because he can feel his body. But he may not be able to feel his thoughts and emotions to start with; he can just feel his body. So the body is the first thing that he feels. The journey of yoga is to take you from the body, to different dimensions of who you are, to the ultimate core. In that sense, He is hugely equipped. We have not consecrated any other space like this; it explores the yogic dimension in a certain way.

If you sit in the Adiyogi Alayam and start observing the nature of your body, you will see - He will take you on and take you faster and further than you imagined possible. If we do Hata Yoga or any kind of meditative process here, anything with eyes closed which involves a certain exploration, it will happen phenomenally well. It may not be the best place to do Bhava Spandana because it brings too much balance - we want a little madness out there. If people are not a little crazy, Bhava Spandana will not succeed. Yes, we want them to fly-off a little bit before they come down. Not that Bhava Spanda cannot be done here too; it would also be assisted because there is a yogic dimension to it. But the Adiyogi Alayam is more exploratory in nature, more driving towards the inner core rather than exuberance.

In fact, if you walk into Spanda Hall, it may feel more exuberant. But if you sit in the Adiyogi Alayam, this will slowly sink into you. It is like this: if you go into Dhyanalinga, if you are not prepared enough, you may look around and just see one rock standing there. You don’t know anything. But if you go into the Bhairavi Temple, you feel it because it is exuberant. The Adiyogi Alayam is simply still. It takes a lot more to feel the stillness than to feel the exuberance. Exuberance is easy because it is happening; stillness you have to look for, otherwise you will miss it.

So…the Adiyogi Alayam is explorative in nature. If you take one step and explore, He will take you one step further. That is like, if you earn 100 rupees, he will give you 100 rupees bonus. Good deal, isn’t it?

Love and Blessings

This is really a great thing to experience. But in my first Samyama as told by Sadhguru, I tasted only Kanji, excpet for some short duration. My body took over the control and dissolving myself into the space was a mere dream. I hope I am bit advanced now and can immense myself in the next Samyama.

It was a great experience being there at Adi yogi alayam, Words are short to experience samyama at Adi yogi alayam, being there one amoung the 1370. Tears rolled down when last day came, still didn't came out the vibration.

I am missing Samyama...

[…] fellow Isha meditators from June 12-19, in the presence of my Master Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev at the Adi Yogi Aalayam in Isha Yoga Center, […]

i like this movement. more positivity. peace

I feel i am already having a great deal.  This would be an even more great.

Grace, abundant grace,
like a million ice cold thunder bolts,
a little bow and a little ego let go,
into his bosom, the merciful one, did he take,
O' compassionate one, why did I not take the begging bowl,
Nothing to offer but tears of joy,
Now I fear that I  may stray,
O' SHIVA, destroy Me.

I was one of the partcipants in the Samyama Program and wow! that is my experience

can u tell about this meditation

Namaskaram Sadhguru,
Samyama in the presence of Adhiyogi and yourself is a boon, but why this is limited to first timers only..

Just today I have finished this program...
It was amazing . . .
We have to keep the practices alive...

Mera no aayega

I am lost for words.  Samyama has only started for me. I felt like i was in the laundry getting thoroughly washed during those 8 days.  I could see lot of muck within me. Sadhguru  will help me to transform
from the worm I am today into the human possibility I  really am .  No words can express my gratitude to Sadhguru
Pranam
Participant 308

can u tel about this

We need 1000 Sadhgurus in the Planet.

wow :) simply superb :)

Appaa...definitely you'll be there with our Mystic ppa! I could see u in those participants,through my mind eye dear!
Sadhguru's bless with us...!

Shiv Shambo , the day when it was started i was thinking of every moment, its a great experience to remember.

Thank you so much Sadhguru... Luckily i was one among the 1370 :) 8 days with sadhguru, adhi yogi and the samyama practice was truly incredible... mixed emotion throughout.... crazy & still.... of course the last day darshan ended in tears of joy, shambo!!! once again thank you so much sadhguru for giving us so many tools.
Pranam,
Mani

pranams sadhguru... wonderful information for meditators.

sadhguru namaskaram, we need sadhguru spot in tamil also consider sadhguru pls.......

I feel envoloped by Isha and Devi

I am missing everyyear Samyama with Sadhguru, lucky people are energising yearly without fail and doubt that too with Sadhguru.   JAYA SANKAR V, NEW DELHI

It is wonderful gift by SathGuru

when i attend this powerful class.in my first class anandha alahi in salem.very powerful changes in my soul.then BSP.totally powerful.this one of the oppurtunity.means life is imporatant of each and every persion life is super.............!.whenever isha class attented means they are pure soul.this my experience.
by gurusaisuresh

I will be one among those Samyama participants in the next Silence practice............
To melt with Sadhguru...................... My Sadhguru.......... Our Sadhguru.............

Just finished SAMYAMA and no words to describe.... just remember , when the calling comes--YOU HAVE TO GO..do not turn it down no matter what your stupid mind says...I did the same and I am glad :)

i missed this silence,
Shamboo

OH...AH...I   FEEL

My dear....... My sincere request.......... You please give your comments as lengthy as possible as you were doing earlier................. Now your comments are toooooooooooo short.................

s its true i feel the difference when i done my Practice on Adhi Yogi Alayam. Its totaly different in my life ..... samyama ...... I just wait for that process only , my soul s waiting for that . ... like a seed waiting for a rain drop ..... no more words to share ........

1,370 die Hards !!! amazing ...:)

OH....AH....I  FEEL

Thanks A Lot for your Sincere Request ppa! I'll fulfill your request my dear!

s i feel the difference wn i done my practice on AdhiYogi Alayam. its totaly different ...... samyama ....... my soul s waiting for that process only , like ...... a SEED waiting for a DROP of Rain......... no more words to share .........

Only 3 things I want to say...Great !, Great ! and Great !
Pranams
Sudha

Dear Sadhguru,
I am Poongothai from Karaikudi. You told that Samyama is neither difficult nor easy. But in my experience , I can say that it was like a heaven. During samyama , there was no homesick , I enjoyed with Adiyogi.Different energy transformations happened within me.I can able to see myself there only. Now I am suffering by Sadhguru sick only. When will you cure?

I missed this great opportunity. Had to miss due to a project deadline. Shame on me. I am definitely in the next program no matter what - Even if it means I would have to goodbye to my job!. This life is the only shot I have and how fortunate to have found my Guru. I would be a stupid if I don't use this life properly......

Oh ...I was in this Samyama....Mind Boggling experience...Sadhguru Charanam

sadhguru...i really do not know what i have done in my past lives that i have u in my life.since u have come in my life,everything has changed.its only and only u'r grace and blessings that i am what i am today.thank u for everything.....sadhguru.and above all thank u for samayama.it was an overwhelming expieience

i am eager n waiting to meet u aathi yogi

Pranams,

I don't know what I had done in the past just to get at your feet and as I know I am a worthless being...Since Feb 2010 Mahashivrathri  you does not mean anything to me...But now my life breath is keep waiting to dissolve into you..ohhh...boundless bhairavaa...

To me samyama is a touching experience of another dimension of the life...every moment you push me up and this no(n) sense being only knows all the possible things to come down....I am not able to hold your grace even for a few moments....Oh ...Shamboo...when is my final moment to touch you and hold you at your feet!!!

Waiting for Samyama.. when is the next program?