Life on Fast-Forward
In this week's Spot, watch the video of Sadhguru handling the magnificent king cobra as he shows the residents of the Isha Yoga Center its rare nature. Sadhguru writes, "It is an incredible creature of phenomenal beauty and power. Energetically, it is so addictive and intoxicating to be in intimacy with this wonderful creature." Sadhguru also writes about Saturday's lunar eclipse, and how seekers can make use of this last week before the winter solstice. Enjoy!

The sathsang during the eclipse was very special; the lunar eclipse always occurs on a full moon night. The full moon means many things to many people. The word moon or soma means ‘intoxication’. For some it suggests pleasure, for some it means romance, for some it means celebration. For a seeker it means a night of great possibility; it is a blossoming. For a devotee, it is a day to merge and mingle with all of creation.

Saturday’s lunar eclipse was a different kind of full moon. What an eclipse means for a spiritual seeker is this - we pass a whole month in about three hours time. All the different faces of the moon, the twenty-eight faces of the moon, you will see within these three hours; starting from the first day’s moon, to the no moon, to the full moon. So your life is put on fast-forward and essentially, spirituality means just this. It does not mean we are taking a different path; it is just that we are putting our lives on fast-forward. If you are walking on foot, you can see if there are mangoes in the trees and you can pluck them and eat. You can taste the nallikai* on the way. You can picnic, you can pee; this is the journey. But if you are on an airplane, you are not going to pluck mangoes on the way. You don’t even look at them. There may be ten thousand acres of mango groves down there but you don’t even look at them because you are going at a certain speed and elevation. So we are on fast-forward, not that we have anything against mangoes, but we can’t be plucking because of the speed and altitude.

During a lunar eclipse, the moon is on fast-forward. You will see all twenty-eight faces. Everything that happens in a month is happening in a subtle way within a few hours time. When such a fast-forward is happening, many things are changing. This is happening because in terms of energy, the earth’s energy is mistaking the eclipse as a full cycle of the moon.

This is also the last phase of Dakshinayana, or the sadhana pada in the yogic system. During Dakshinayana, the sun is towards the Southern Hemisphere. During Uttarayana, it is more towards the Northern Hemisphere. In the yogic tradition, Dakshinayana is seen as the period of sadhana. Uttarayana** is seen as the period of enlightenment, and it is not by accident that so many yogis attain to their ultimate state at the beginning of this phase. The most famous one in this country is Bhishma himself, who waited on the bed of arrows so that he could shed his body in Uttarayana, when the tilt happens on the planet.

So for those of you who have taken your sadhana seriously, the next week is very significant. Is the planet deciding everything about us? No. But it is good to make use of the support that the planet offers. You can create a greenhouse and grow any kind of crop in any season, but in certain seasons crops happen naturally. A wise farmer would choose the right season. Do you want to plough and plant in the summer season? Not that it cannot be done, it can be done; it just takes much more effort. This is a time when things happen so much more easily because somebody as big as mother earth is working for you. It is a good support; it is wise to make use of the support. This final week preceding the winter solstice is a time to peak your sadhana in many ways.

The Adiyogi Alayam is rapidly taking shape. A large portion has been roofed and the rest is progressing at an insane pace.

It has been a long time since I actually touched a king cobra. The king cobra is a very special creature. It is the only creature of its genus. Though it is referred to as a cobra because of its king-sized hood, it does not belong to the Naga as all the other cobras do, but belongs to the Ophiophagus Hannah genus. It is an incredible creature of phenomenal beauty and power. Energetically, it is so addictive and intoxicating to be in intimacy with this wonderful creature. There was a time in my life when snakes were my constant companions. It is truly an honor to be in the company of a king cobra, something very few in the world would understand and appreciate.

The Naga tribes of India and Southeast Asia were held in great esteem in Eastern cultures. Their intuitiveness, perception of trikala - or three dimensions of time - and their legendary beauty were valued and honored. As the human creature became too conceited and more venomous than the cobra, they seem to have lost their significance.

* Amla or gooseberry
** Uttarayana begins on December 22, 2011

Love & Grace

It's true that my life has changed marvelously in these past 3-4 days,after the Lunar Eclipse!......No words to Thank My Guru....! But I'm sure still miles n miles to go along with this fast-forward happenings!

Charanadainthen Sadhguru Deva....I am doing the Sadhana and quite intense it is..from the Guru Pournami Day.  (you told in the Satsang of Guru Pournami) . And there has been a whole lot of changes within me happening. I am experiencing it and especially in the past 2-3 days (after the Lunar Eclipse) it is felt or experienced more intensely. For no reason, I am crying - aloud. But I feel this is not out of grief / sadness but out of ecstasy. I feel light from within and a sense of gratitude and i see myself bowing in gratefulness.

Thank you SadhguruThank you for what you are to meThank you for what you have sowed in me
You hve shown me a glimpse of Life
I want to be the Rest of IT
Please accept my Gratitude in sheer words now
One day I will surrender the SELF to you

Can you please elaborate why we need to have empty stomach during eclipse and  any other related matters from Sadhguru regarding Eclipse.

Dear Sadhguru,
Very very excited to see the beautiful King cobra.
Pranams.

I didn't know that I needed to fast. Can Isha social media send daily quick messages with such recommendations? I know there is a lunar calendar available, but I don't how to use it. Thank you!

Sadhguru Saranam,

i am word less...........

very cool, wish I was there. thx

It was a blessing and privilege to attend the lunar eclipse sathsang Sadhguru. I came there for pournami pooja, did not know it was lunar eclipse until I arrived there. Also learnt about the importance of empty stomach condition during the eclipse.
Under Sathguru's grace, lot of good things have started happening without me ever planning or anticipating them

Deepest gratitude
Pranams
Subbu

All i can say is when ever i see Sathguru' s video for no reason i get tears automatically without even feeling that i am crying. What an intense experience with Sathguru i had in the Shambhavi and no matter even i see him in the video i feel that vibe. I really miss my Coimbatore, can't wait to go the ashram to stay there for a while.

Simply amazing Sadhguru, Lord Shiva had snakes around his neck, no wonder they were your companion too...i am quite intrigued by what you said about trikala - three dimensions of time, wish we could gain more insight into that. You are truly a living Yogi..thanks for your grace.

aap bhaut great hai guruji

Sadhguru how come life has become so beautiful from how miserable it was to me ,what can I say ........ the things happening within me in the past few days ,its enormose but just empty ,emptiness making me more vibrant and joyful and more willing .I am sorry i really cant explain .
Sarandaithen sadgurunatha

I Hope I'm conveying it correctly.
Here is gist of what Sadhguru said. During the lunar eclipse , the moon goes through all the phases of a Full Moon to New Moon to Full Moon again which is equivalent of 28 days energy-wise and everything on the planet which experience the lunar eclipse go through 28 days energy-wise. So cooked food (which is dead in a sense) oppose to raw food turns from positive prana to negative prana. Sadhguru demonstrated this, cooked rice and sambhar which was positive prana during the beginning of the eclipse became negative prana in the first 20 min. or so of the lunar eclipse, so if this food had been in the stomach, we would be losing 28 days energy-wise. That's why empty stomach has to be maintained during the eclipse. Even eating raw food before the eclipse is not good, as it becomes cooked/ dead during the digestive process and decays energy-wise during the eclipse.

Sadhguru, thats naga is really lucky to touch you

Thanks for the reply

Somebody promised to show me the KING COBRA .. four years ago finally its fulfilled today... Somehow You touching the cobra with the metal..hurt me...I couldnt take it...But I can understand... the video n pics are beautiful...You look awesome in Black Turban!!

What is the significance for non spiritual seekers?

Thank you Sadhguru!!!

namaskaram sadhguru..
      Sorry i dint intensify the sadhana, i feel down for that.. grace me to intensift my sadhana.... and anyone pls share,why the empty stomch is important during the lunar eclipse.. i had food that time,eventhough my mom said not to take food..
 few weeks back saw the basement work pictures of adiyogi alayam in th blog.. suddenly like magic the structure was erupted..what to say...!
       kimg cobra vedio.. i dont know how many times i saw it.. vedio itself addictive..
last word..THANK YOU.

Video is awesome

Sadhguruswami,I have not peeped in to Sadhana .I am able to perceive your logic.
Pranams.