I don’t even pass an opinion on my dogs…

In this week’s Spot, Sadhguru answers a question regarding his view on one of the spiritual leaders of India. “I have no views about anything in this world, not just one person. I really have no opinion about anybody, actually, because why should you form an opinion about somebody? It is such a waste of life and energy.”

During the Q&A at Friday’s Darshan, I was asked about my views on one of the spiritual leaders of India.

I have no views about anything in this world, not just one person. I really have no opinion about anybody, actually, because why should you form an opinion about somebody? It is such a waste of life and energy. If you know something, you know something. If you don't know something, you don't know something. If you find something is good for you, then you go ahead. What’s the problem? If it is good for you, you should go ahead. What is the issue?

About me passing an opinion on somebody - I never thought, within myself, that I was so important that I must pass an opinion on anything for that matter. I don’t even pass an opinion on my dogs in the house. I just watch them everyday, seeing that maybe they will be different tomorrow and they are. I see how their behavior changes as they mature - how they were when they were puppies, when they became adolescents, and now that they have matured. So everyday, as they grow, I watch how they are maturing. It is quite an amazing thing for me to watch how a dog, which has reached a certain age, has formed his habits - he functions by instinct - but still, he has a character of his own. And between the two dogs, how different they are! The same breed, but how different they are in their character, likes and dislikes, and even the way they respond to people is not the same.

So when even a little puppy has so much character and is changing, isn't it a crime to form an opinion? I have never formed an opinion on anybody. I am not good at these things. Right from my childhood, I have been reading the newspaper, but as a rule, I never, ever read an editorial in any newspaper because it is somebody’s opinion and I’m not interested. I read the news but never the editorial because I don’t want to listen to anybody’s opinion, nor do I expect that anybody should listen to my opinion. When I speak, I am speaking what I see.

People reduce themselves into a bundle of opinions, which are essentially prejudices about other lives.  The moment you form an opinion about someone or something, you cannot mingle in abandon, and that means you cannot experience anything or anyone but only soak in your own opinions. Opinions are like cataracts upon the eyes - definitely not for someone who is looking to enhance his perception or vision.

Love & Grace

Lesson learnt( a little late).
will follow

Confused - r we saying we need not express any opinion about others or listen to others opinion??? When one talk, he tries to express his opinion or perspective. When one listens, they listen to other person's opinion or perspective. I am very keen to listen to what Sadhguru wants to say about different topics. If there is no listening, then this blog probably may not have many visitors...Again in my opinion, there is no harm in listening to other person's opinions but when you act, I understand it need to be as per your consent and understanding...

Pranams Sadhguru I never understand why do we have pets as animals ?

simple answer... they are generally more loving, honest and loyal than most humans

With due regards to Sadguru...Rajan Anna...What Sadguru is trying to convey in his message is different from whatvis being perceived. His message is that we are not so great or perfect enough to pass comments or press our opinion about others. For eg: We see lot of comments and opinions about celebrities etc...on face book or other tweeters..but are we really qualified or perfect enough to pass such opinions which are created out of our own prejudice and assumptions.
At the same time listening to others comments or opinion regarding someone is also waste of time. Sadguru's talks or mostly on common earthly topics and doesn't involve criticizing or passing opinion about others.

For our day to day dealing with all kinds of people, we are forced to form opinion. If a person is good, I form a good opinion so that I can entrust some responsible work and if I have a bad opinion about someone, I will wisely stay away from them. Probably we should not form a long term opinion as Sadguru rightly says there is scope for people to change. Some may changr from good to bad and others vice versa. We have to take that into account so that we do not do the mistake of loosing the benefit of knowing a transformed person nor get cheated by someone who was good but managed to get soiled by the evil effects of Kaliyug.

Thank you Sadhguru?

yes, I wacth my Dog to :) with you Sadhguru I learn to pay Attention on every Life form around me and I have a Dog since I start pay attention to him I have leran so muxh about is behavoir, the way He comunicate with me, not only him but other Dog's in the street to :) I start treat them like I treat my own and is amazing, realy is :)

Listening vs forming an opinion is different, thats what Sadhguru is saying. The message is simple, you may form an opinion but do not soak your mind with opinions.