The Inauguration of a Grand Shiva Temple
Sadhguru tells the story of Sage Poosalar and his inner temple, which drew the attention of Shiva himself.

The Inauguration of a Grand Shiva Temple

Sadhguru tells the story of Sage Poosalar and his inner temple. He explains that Indian culture dared to see devotion as a device which could lead one toward liberation.

Sadhguru: Sage Poosalar was steeped in poverty, but determined to build a magnificent temple for his beloved Shiva. Every day he built this temple, brick by brick, entirely within himself. This inner exercise took him years.

The king of that land was also planning to inaugurate a big Shiva temple that he had commissioned. The night before the grand opening, Shiva appeared in the king’s dream and said, “I will not be able to come to your temple’s inauguration because Poosalar has built another temple in the same town. I need to go there. He is also opening it tomorrow.”

The king woke up with a fright, because after he has strived to build this temple for so many years, after so much money and effort, Shiva says he has to go to some other temple built by Poosalar in the same town. “Who is this Poosalar and which is this temple that I do not know about?” he wondered. He set out in search of Poosalar and finally found him in a dilapidated hut in the poorest district in town. “Where is your temple?” demanded the king. “The only temple I have,” replied Poosalar, “is in my heart.”

This well-known legend of southern India reminds us of a profound truth: if devotion overflows, divinity will follow and serve you. Humanity and divinity are not mutually exclusive. And hence the poet Basavanna’s memorable line that “the moving” temples are those “that ever shall stay.”

Indian Culture – Become One with Divinity

The distinctive hallmark of Indian culture is that we do not aspire to worship God. Instead we seek to embody the sacred ourselves. We do not seek to adore the divine. We aspire to instead become one with divinity. This is the only spiritual culture that is not God-oriented – an invaluable contribution to a world ravaged by wildly conflicting definitions of God.

This is the only spiritual culture based on a bedrock of science, not faith. For all problems of human wellbeing, in is the only way out.

Someone once told me, “I believe there is no God.” I replied, “Really? I don’t believe even that." This culture offers you the license to believe in the god of your choice, or not to believe at all. And if you do not find a god to your taste, it allows you the freedom to create one. That is how we ended up with 33 million gods at last count! To see God in a tree, rock or elephant is not considered absurd because every speck of creation is seen as a portal to the divine.

These gods were not mere imaginary toys. Instead we evolved a science of consecration, an entire science of god-making. Our deities are referred to as yantras – literally, machines to enhance life in all its manifestations. Devotees are sometimes disconcerted when I speak of the divine as a tool. But this is the audacious insight of this tradition: it dares to see not merely devotion as a technology but even god as a device!

And so, God becomes a stepping stone to your ultimate liberation. How you reach your liberation, whether with or without God, is entirely up to you. But your destination is always mukti or freedom – which ultimately means freedom from all concepts and beliefs.

Thousands of years ago, the world’s first yogi, Adiyogi, turned his attention on seven thirsty aspirants and proclaimed a radical truth: that the spiritual process is a science and the supreme goal is liberation. That historic day is celebrated to this day as Guru Purnima. The vibrant plurality of paths in India today owe their origins to the incredibly composite science of yoga that he propounded in which every dimension of the human being – body, mind, emotion and energy – is seen as a doorway to the divine.

Editor’s Note: The “Power to Create” meditations for Peace, Love, Health and Success (also known as “Chit Shakti”) enable each one of us to become our own alchemist, by empowering us to transform long cherished desires into reality. Try them out!

This article was originally published in Speaking Tree.

1 year 1 month ago

I had gotten our headphonesto the mom to mothers evening, additionally she definitely enjoyed they! It really is completely sweet headphonesas well as the stating on the card your comes within the package is very emotional!! And the excellent of the beads was awesome!

11 months 1 week ago

When you utilize the money in your to pay bills, you'll wish to make
sure you can easily access the funds.

1 year 2 months ago

I'd have to settle with you on this. Which is not something I typically do! I really like reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!
hunter outlet store http://www.hunteroutlet.online

1 year ago

It is an great present towards ones family. I would strongly incourage people to invest this one that will make a very good present. The actual transmitter performs a good evening duty at obtaining the particular things in duration. I requested my personal products everyday back and I also reveived it certainly quickly.

1 year 4 months ago

I couldn’t reseist commenting. Verry well written!
I need to tto thaank yoou for thyis goood read!!
I absolhtely lovsd evefy little biit oof it. I have goot yoou book-marked tto loook aat nnew stuuff yoou post… Wow, this post iss good,
myy yoinger siste iss analyzing thhese things, therefore I aam goihg
tto convey her. http://foxnews.co.uk

11 months 1 week ago

I purchased your trying to find a very good gifts concerning my personal mom. The particular headphone emerged in a beautiful purple tied container. This is the greatest hunting gift less than on holiday tree!! The headphone even seemed pretty, nevertheless my mama was larger boned as well as the headphone was some tight, however the a good gift! I adore it.

1 year 2 months ago

I got our headphonestowards the mom concerning parents time, and/or she absolutely enjoyed that! Its really pretty headphonesand the suggesting on the card you already know comes in container is really sentimental!! And good of the beads was great!

1 year ago

Recieved this one item before the time provided in a really nice gifts package . The visualize that's shown for bracelet is actually exactly what you certainly will recieve. That is really sensitive yet per pretty piece to jewelry which will endure due to the fact iof ones toggle clasp which is most sturdy so the bracelet eill never be removed.

10 months 3 weeks ago

It is an awesome gifts of any family. I'd strongly incourage individuals to buy it that will make a ideal present. That sender can a great evening task with buying their material on time. I bought my things daily ago and I also reveived it really quickly.

1 year 2 months ago

I got the headphonesfor my mother of moms evening, then she absolutely adored that it! It is really sweet headphonesand the suggesting in the card which is will come within the package is really emotional!! And the premium of the beads was ideal!

1 year ago

Recieved your item before the day presented in a really good gifts container . That photo that is shown for bracelet was exactly what you will definitely recieve. That is really fragile still the pretty part to precious jewelry that will final as iof ones toggle clasp that is extremely robust so the bracelet eill not be removed.

10 months 2 weeks ago

Bought our being a present of our mama and also she loved that. terrific quality kind cost and/or our mom loved information technology. Always sent very accelerated. So if you require a gifts quickly while like this then this is actually the an it is important to pick!

1 year 2 months ago

Ich bin übrigens mit unterwegs, Möbel für ihr neues Appartment besorgen.

1 year ago

It is an awesome gifts towards the family. I'd strongly incourage individuals to invest your it makes a ideal present. Some sort of transmitter will a great time job at obtaining the particular items on time. I ordered my things a day ago and I reveived it really accelerated.

10 months 1 week ago

It is an awesome gifts for the any loved ones. I would strongly incourage individuals to pick this that it makes a great gifts. Ones sender performs a good time job with buying that stuff in occasion. I bought our products a day back and I also reveived it certainly quickly.

1 year 2 months ago

Bei Doppelanal Sex siehst du geile Schlampen die zwei Schwänze gleichzeitig im Arsch stecken haben und sich dabei geil ficken lassen.

1 year ago

This is an great present for your very own family. I'd strongly incourage individuals to buy this one things makes a awesome gift. That the sender can a great time job in obtaining that items regarding duration. I ordered the products every day ago and I also reveived it really accelerated.

1 year 3 months ago

We absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be exactly what
I'm looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write concerning here.
Again, awesome web log!

10 months ago

Recieved the item prior to the date presented in a very amazing present package . That visualize that's revealed for bracelet are exactly what you are going to recieve. This will be very sensitive still one stunning part out of jewelry that will final considering iof ones toggle clasp and is extremely robust so the bracelet eill not be removed.

1 year 2 months ago

харьков ремонт стиральных машин на дому
замена подшипников в стиральной машине индезит
замена подшипника стиральной машины индезит
ремонт стиральных машин ardo харьков
харьков ремонт стиральных машин на
дому https://goo.gl/rvDxqJ

1 year 3 months ago

I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up.

1 year 2 months ago

I had gotten that headphonesto my personal mom for moms day, and also she completely liked that it! Its completely cute headphonesas well as the stating on the card that will goes into the container is very sentimental!! As well as the premium of beads is ideal!

1 year 2 months ago

Thanks for the good writeup. It in truth was a leisure
account it. Look advanced to more brought agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we communicate?

1 year 2 months ago

I have our headphonesof our mother concerning moms time, furthermore she completely adored things! Their really sweet headphonesas well as the saying in the card in which will come in the package is very sentimental!! As well as the top quality of the beads are awesome!

11 months 4 weeks ago

I have purchased this one brand concerning bracelet a few days. Every single a person is super attractive, done very well, cannot tarnish and important based on that an you purchase and which people offer this and.

1 year 2 months ago

Hi. I just noticed that your web site looks like it has a few code errors at the very top of your website's page. I'm not sure if everybody is getting this same bugginess when browsing your site? I am employing a totally different browser than most people, referred to as Opera, so that is what might be causing it? I just wanted to make sure you know. Thanks for posting some huge postings and I'll try to return back with a completely different browser to check things out!
coach handbags outlet http://www.coachhandbagsoutlet2015.com

1 year 2 months ago

Youtube hat für Sie die hier aufgeführte Youtube Telefonnummer bereit gestellt um weltweit mit Youtube Kontakt aufnehmen zu können und sich bei Fragen, Anregungen und Zweifeln die Youtube Hotline wenden zu können.

11 months 3 weeks ago

This one system had been in that great price tag I not attention their grade is hence excellent. It is breathtaking. This mama will likely appreciate that it concerning Holiday morning once she opens up gifts therefore appearances like I devoted far more, although cost had been simply ideal!!

1 year 2 months ago

I was basically curious about if you ever considered replacing the layout of your website? It is very well written; I really like what you have got to say. But maybe you could include a a bit more in the way of written content so people might connect to it better. You have got a great deal of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you can space it out better?
fitflop outlet store http://www.fitfloponline.store

Match three & Play via all genres, 20,543 (2 player) ranges
inspired from Atari Pong to Sony PS2!!

1 year 2 months ago

Im honored to obtain a call from my friend as soon as he observed the important suggestions shared on your own site. Reading through your blog post is a real brilliant experience. Many thanks for taking into account readers like me, and I desire for you the best of achievements for a professional topic.
arcteryx jacket sale http://www.znaturaloriginal.com/arcteryx/