Palak and Fruit Salad Recipe
Enjoy this citrusy, summery spinach and fruit salad from the Isha kitchen!
For the Salad:
Baby spinach leaves (palak) – washed, chopped into medium-sized pieces : 3 Cups
Cucumber, small – washed, peeled (optional), chopped into small squares: 1
Apple, small – washed, peeled (optional), chopped into small squares: 1
Roasted groundnuts – chopped: ¼ Cup
Cashews – chopped: ¼ Cup
Coriander leaves, fresh – chopped: 2-3 Sprigs
Orange, small – peeled, segmented, and cut into small pieces: 1
Raisins: ¼ Cup
For the Dressing:
Lemon or lime: 1
Honey: 2 Tbsp.
Olive oil: ½ Cup
Black pepper, coarsely ground to taste
Salt to taste
- Put all the salad ingredients mentioned, except the orange pieces and raisins, into a deep bowl.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of the orange and lemon along with the honey, salt and pepper.
- Holding the measuring cup of olive oil above the bowl, pour the oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until the mixture appears slightly creamy and no whole droplets of oil can be seen.
- Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients in the deep bowl.
- Lastly, add the raisins and orange pieces. Toss well and serve.
Editor’s Note: You can find these and many other recipes in Isha’s new cookbook “A Taste of Well-Being” – now available from Isha Downloads and Amazon.