Palak and Fruit Salad Recipe
Enjoy this citrusy, summery spinach and fruit salad from the Isha kitchen!
Get weekly updates on the latest blogs via newsletters right in your mailbox.
For the Salad:
Baby spinach leaves (palak) – washed, chopped into medium-sized pieces : 3 Cups
Cucumber, small – washed, peeled (optional), chopped into small squares: 1
Apple, small – washed, peeled (optional), chopped into small squares: 1
Roasted groundnuts – chopped: ¼ Cup
Cashews – chopped: ¼ Cup
Coriander leaves, fresh – chopped: 2-3 Sprigs
Orange, small – peeled, segmented, and cut into small pieces: 1
Raisins: ¼ Cup
For the Dressing:
Lemon or lime: 1
Honey: 2 Tbsp.
Olive oil: ½ Cup
Black pepper, coarsely ground to taste
Salt to taste
- Put all the salad ingredients mentioned, except the orange pieces and raisins, into a deep bowl.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of the orange and lemon along with the honey, salt and pepper.
- Holding the measuring cup of olive oil above the bowl, pour the oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until the mixture appears slightly creamy and no whole droplets of oil can be seen.
- Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients in the deep bowl.
- Lastly, add the raisins and orange pieces. Toss well and serve.
Editor’s Note: You can find these and many other recipes in Isha’s new cookbook “A Taste of Well-Being” – now available from Isha Downloads and Amazon.