It is best to book an appointment in-person prior to your visit to the centers, as same day appointments may not always be available. You can book an appointment by visiting one of the centers in-person. All therapies are prescribed by an Ayurvedic doctor, who will suggest the most appropriate oils and treatment for you.
To facilitate a one-of-a-kind therapeutic experience, we carefully source only the finest natural ingredients. Our therapists are well-trained and are skilled in traditional Ayurvedic massage techniques. All therapies are prescribed by an Ayurvedic doctor, who will suggest the most appropriate treatment for your health condition.
A classical herbal oil massage, using vigorous downward strokes to apply pressure to muscles, nerves and vital points on the body.
• Sharira abhyangam - A classical herbal oil massage for the entire body.
• Shiro Abhyangam - Herbal oil massage on the head and neck done in rhythmic movements.
• Mukha Abhyangam - A traditional invigorating facial massage involving the application of snehadravyas (oil, ghee, etc.) using circular strokes.
• Pada Abhyangam - A stimulating foot massage involving the application of oil with specific pressure and in specific directions.
Takes care of deep-seated pain. First, oil is applied, and then herbal paste is applied in the affected area and covered. This area is steamed
Fine herbal paste is massaged all over the body. Helpful for sensitive and dry skin
Body massage using medicated dried herbal powders or paste, which are applied to the body using upward strokes
Body is first massaged and then made to perspire by pouring a constant stream of extracts depending on body conditions from a special vessel placed at a certain height.
• Kashayadhara - Herbal water extracts are used.
• Dhanyamladhara - Dhanyamla (lukewarm fermented herbal liquids)
• Shirodhara/ Takradara- Milk or buttermilk is gently poured on the forehead
• Pizhchil / Thailadhara - Continuous streams of warm medicated herbal oils are soothingly poured over the body by two Ayurvedic therapists as they gently massage the body in perfect unison.
• Bashpa sveda - Medicated steam bath using herbal decoctions in a unique bashpa sveda yantra, or steam bath chamber, which induces profuse sweating
• Nadi sveda - Local application of hot steam using an instrument called nadisveda yantra, which induces profuse sweating
Nourishing deep massage treatment in which heated bolus bags are applied either locally or to the entire body. Depending on the nature of the medical condition, the bolus bags may contain choorna (herbal powders), patra (assorted fried herbal leaves), jambeera (lemon) or shashtika (njavara rice, a type of Indian herbal rice). For some conditions, a medicated oil massage may be done prior to the application of bolus bags.
Localized application and retention of warm medicated liquids within a sealed-wall frame on the affected area
• Greeva Vasthi - Localized external vasthi for neck region
• Janu Vasthi - Localized external vasthi for knees
• Kati Vasthi - Localized external vasthi for lower back
• Uro Vasthi - Localized external vasthi for heart region
• Shiro Vasthi - Localized external vasthi for the head
Sweating is triggered by seating the patient in a large tub filled with warm medicated liquid, maintained at a constant temperature.
Gentle application of warm, thick herbal paste (blend of many potent herbs, spices, juices of leaves) on any afflicted area.
Long, thick layer of cotton wool soaked with warm medicated oil is applied over the affected area. The oil is replaced periodically to keep it warm and therapeutic. It can be applied on different parts of the body, such as the head, neck, limbs, etc.
Herbal paste is applied evenly all over the head and covered first with plantain leaf and then with a cloth. A small hole is made in the center of the covering and medicated oil is kept there. Oil and paste are removed after a specific period and a mild head massage is administered.
Ancient bandaging technique using healing herbal pastes or oils
Medicated herbal or oil-based enemas specially prepared and administered.
Nasal orifices are believed to be the gateway to the head. In this treatment, herbal powders, juices and medicated oils are administered through the nostrils.
• Netra Lepam - Paste made of different cooling herbs is applied to the eyes after washing with herbal decoction. Not only treats eye conditions, but also cools the eyes.
• Akshitharpanam - Localized application and retention of medicated ghee or oil within a sealed-wall frame on the eyes
• Bidalakam - Application of herbal paste over eyelids
• Akshidhara -Eyes are cleansed by pouring a liquid herbal preparation in a continuous stream over the eyes
• Karnapoornam - Warm medicated oil and fumes are applied to the ears, followed by massage around the ears and jaw area
• Karna Dhoobanam - Smoke from medicated herbs is directed into the ears which alleviates loss of hearing, infections of the ear and painful conditions of the ear
Agni karma or dahan karma
Intensive treatment in which a unique instrument called shalaka yantra is heated and applied to the affected area
It depends on the availability of slots for consultation.
Yes, there is a nominal consultation fee. The respective centers can be contacted for the fee.
The appointment requires up to 1 to 2 hours, including the registration process, consulting the doctor and purchasing medicines. Please plan accordingly.
You can choose a doctor of your choice, if appointments are available. However, all our doctors are trained in an integrated approach of intervention and can recommend the best that each system of medicine can offer to your specific medical condition.
We offer an integrated approach to medical interventions, which means your prescription is uniquely tailored to your medical condition drawing from the richness of the various systems of medicines offered. You can discuss these systems with our doctors.
For over 12 years we have offered an integrated approach to health interventions uniquely combining Allopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha and Yoga, which stems from Sadhguru’s deep understanding of the human system. We have specific treatment guidelines, intensive training and mentoring for our doctors and an iterative system where doctors incorporate feedback from patients in the treatment process. Ayurveda and Siddha medicines are natural and safe. Following our treatment regimen consisting of prescribed medicines, yoga, lifestyle and dietary advice will be very supportive for your health.
You can come with all your past medical reports and records, if you have any. If you are suffering from any chronic problems, you can make a chronological record of your symptoms and the treatment undertaken and dietary habits and lifestyle. Ideally, being on an empty stomach before your appointment is better for traditional diagnosis.
It is best you continue with your Allopathic medicines until you see our doctors. During your consultation, you will be guided on how best to proceed with any changes. In our experience, generally, allopathic and traditional medicines do not interact with one another. If there is a specific situation, our doctors will advise you.
Our medicines are prepared following rigorous methods of manufacturing, adhering to high safety standards. Some people wrongly believe that the Ayurvedic and Siddha medicines can potentially harm the body, specifically liver and kidneys. Medicines that are carefully prepared as described in the ancient texts will not cause any harm.
Some of our medicines do contain metals, however not all medicines contain heavy metals. When properly purified, these are highly effective and even curative for some diseases. All our medicines are carefully prepared as instructed in the ancient texts, under the supervision of experienced personnel. When prepared meticulously, the metals become medicinal and hence will not cause any harm. However, if you do not want to be prescribed medicines which contain metals, you can inform the doctor.
"I’ve paid money before to go to spas, but the atmosphere was not anything like this. So when I came here I had been suffering for my back for several months. Now at the end of the program, I have no back pain. I have so much gratitude for all of you and the volunteers it's just beautiful, they were very giving. The energy in there, I’ve never experienced anything like that. Just all the little details, I appreciate it."