What is Hatha yoga?
Hatha Yoga stems from a deep understanding of the mechanics of the body, and uses yogic postures, or yogasanas, to enable the system to sustain higher dimensions of energy. By practicing this profound science, one can change and enhance the way they think, feel, and experience life. Hatha Yoga is about creating a body that is not a hurdle in your life. The body becomes a stepping stone in the progress towards blossoming into your ultimate possibility.
What is Isha Hatha Yoga?
Isha Hatha Yoga programs are an unparalleled opportunity to learn classical hatha yoga in its full depth and vibrancy. The programs are conducted by highly trained teachers and are not taught merely for physical fitness and strength. They are a holistic process of naturally achieving mastery over the body and mind, so as to come to a state of health, joy, and bliss. The programs are an extensive exploration of hatha yoga and revive various dimensions of this ancient science that are largely absent in the world today.
Isha Hatha Yoga encompasses five ancient and powerful practices that transform the body and mind into great possibilities.
- Upa-yoga is a set of 10 powerful practices that activate the joints, muscles and energy system, rejuvenating the entire system.
- Angamardana is a series of 30 processes to invigorate the body and reach peak physical fitness and mental health.
- Surya Kriya is a potent 21-step yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness, and complete wellbeing.
- Yogasanas are a set of powerful postures to elevate one’s consciousness, stabilize one’s mind, emotions and energy system, and decelerate the aging process.
- Bhuta Shuddhi is a process of purifying the five elements within the human system leading to harmony and balance.
Programmes by Isha Certified Hatha Yoga Teachers
Isha Hatha Yoga teachers across the world offer programmes which are an extensive exploration of hatha yoga and revive various dimensions of this ancient science that are largely absent in the world today. Teaching either independently or with Isha Foundation, the Isha Hatha Yoga teachers provide the opportunity to explore Upa-yoga, Angamardana, Surya Kriya, Surya Shakti, Yogasanas and Bhuta Shuddhi, among other potent yogic practices.