Beetroot and Cardamom Soup
Snuggle up on a cold evening with this earthy beetroot soup.
Cardamom pods: 5
Vegetable stock: 600ml
Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
Walnuts: ¾ cup
Coriander: to garnish
Get weekly updates on the latest blogs via newsletters right in your mailbox.
- Dice the beetroot into small cubes and cook with sufficient water until they are just done.
- Dry toast the walnuts in a pan/oven for 5-10 minutes. They should be just beginning to turn a caramel color when ready; if they go dark brown they will be very bitter.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the cardamom without the pods. Add the mushrooms and cook for a minute or longer. Stir in the cooked beetroot and walnuts.
- Add the vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the soup, garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.