This summer, spruce up your diet with some interesting juice and salad recipes brought to you directly from the Isha kitchen. This week, we have two dishes for you that would make an interesting mini summer meal – Jackfruit Cool Shake and Pasta Salad.
Jackfruit Cool Shake
- 3 pieces of ripe jackfruit
- ¼ cup jaggery
- 4 or 5 cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut milk/li>
- Chop the jaggery and place it in a small saucepan.
- Add ¼ cup water and bring it to a boil. Continue to cook until all the jaggery is dissolved and a thick syrup is formed. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Chop the jackfruit and place in a blender jar with coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add jaggery syrup to taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped cashew nuts and serve.
- ½ cup Fusili pasta
- 4 or 5 florets Broccoli
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 medium sized Yellow/Red/Green Capsicum
- 1 medium sized Cucumber
- 7 or 8 Black Olives
- 60 grams Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 8 to 10 fresh Mint leaves
- 3 sprigs of fresh Coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Add pasta to 3 cups of boiling water in a pot and cook on medium heat until nearly done (al dente). Drain and wash under cool water. Drain again.
- Bring 1 ½ cups of water to boil in another small pan and add the broccoli florets to it. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes and drain. Allow to cool in a colander. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Finely chop tomato and yellow capsicum after discarding the seeds.
- Peel the cucumber and chop finely.
- Chop the olives into quarters. Chop the fresh coriander and tear the mint leaves with hand. Cut the cottage cheese into small cubes.
- Whisk together freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place the pasta, chopped vegetables and cottage cheese in a deep bowl and toss lightly. Pour the dressing over and toss again. Add mint and coriander and toss one final time. Serve.
Do tell us how these dishes turned out for you. Do you have any interesting summer recipes to share? Please mail them to: email@example.com, and don’t forget to send pictures too. The best recipes will get featured in our summer cool section.