GivingTuesdayIndia – A Giving Festival of Invaluable Receiving
The Isha Vidhya family extends its warm regards and sublime gratitude to all our supporters for their extensive participation through every journey we have embarked upon.
We are glad to inform you that during the special month of October, Isha Vidhya has come up with yet another innovative effort to bring about change and create much-needed impact on the lives of the underserved.
In yet another endeavour to make this world a better place, we invite you to contribute and be a part of this effort where every child could be educated.
The Daan Utsav is India’s very own one-week long festival of giving. Celebrated from 2nd October to 8th October, all over India. This event will be kick started on 2nd October, Tuesday which falls during the Daan Utsav and will be celebrated as Giving Tuesday India, all over the world, in around 42 countries, with 150 nations participating.
This global movement will be led by the most crucial elements of our foundation - the supporters and the donors. They will be the cornerstone to the success of this movement led by Isha Vidhya.
The fun part of this celebration is that you get to choose how you give, and if we may say so… There’s always more than one way to give… And we don’t mean just through cash or kind! Read on to know all the different ways in which you could be a part of Giving Tuesday India week.
- Give Time: Isha Vidhya schools/projects in TN (3rd-8th Oct)
- Read a story for our children or conduct a Guest Lecture
- Volunteer at Govt. Schools and help the children learn through extra-curricular
- Give Money: We are raising funds for 500 scholarships
- http://isha.co/ividhya-charity-housie (3rd Sep to 21st Oct)
- Weekly contests for NGO of the week with 20% rewards
- Check our position here: https://housie.letzchange.org
- Give Goods: Requirements of Isha Vidhya schools
- Provisions – rice, gingili oil (cooking), groundnuts, dal varieties, vegetables
- Construction materials- bricks, sand, stone, floor tiles, cement, steel
- Stationary – paper (plain white A4), pencils, crayons, colouring paint & brushes, erasers, sharpeners, art paper, etc.
- Used books for library - fiction, general knowledge, puzzles, workbooks, reference books, children’s magazines (including back issues), Nat Geo (back-issues), etc.
- Two-wheelers, kitchen utensils, large cooking vessels, plates, tumblers, etc.
- Shop for a cause: http://shop.giveindia.org
- Choose ‘Education’ & “Isha Education” before shopping
- Social media acknowledgements - There will be two ways through which you could support us.
- Save up a little bit every Tuesday to give to “Isha Vidhya”. Share your videos on social media using the hashtag #MyTuesdayPromise
- For more info: https://www.givingtuesdayindia.org/mytuesdaypromise
- #MyGivingStoryIndia is a challenge run as part of #GivingTuesdayIndia, where participants write in with their personal stories of giving and nominate “Isha Education”
- For more info: https://www.givingtuesdayindia.org/eform/submit/my-giving-story
Be a part of this celebration of boundless giving and endless receiving!
Editor's Note: For any further enquiries regarding donations, please contact Isha Vidhya at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91 94425 44458.