This weekend we bring you a healthy, crunchy carrot salad recipe, with fruits, coconut, dates, sesame and peanuts.
Crunchy Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 medium Apple
- 1/2 cup Chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/4 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Roasted sesame seeds
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon or lime
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
- Wash the carrot, peel, and finely chop it.
- Wash the apple and chop it into small squares.
- Chop the peanuts and dates into small pieces. Mix them with the chopped carrot, apple, and pineapple, together with some grated coconut, and roasted sesame seeds.
- Juice the orange and lemon or lime.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the orange and lemon/lime juices, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Holding the measuring cup of olive oil about 30 cm above the bowl, pour the oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly.
Pour the dressing on the salad ingredients and mix well. That's all there is to this carrot salad recipe. Serve and enjoy!
Carrots are packed with essential nutrients, including enzymes, vitamins, and minerals – that too in an easily digestible and assimilable form. They are a good source of fiber and contain vitamin B1, B2, B6, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin K, biotin, potassium, and thiamine. Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, thus improving eyesight, prevent cell degeneration, and slow down the aging process.
Editor’s Note: This article is based on an excerpt from the December 2013 issue of Forest Flower. Pay what you want and download. (set ‘0’ for free). Print subscriptions are also available.