The ubiquitous ladoo made with Ragi (Finger Millet), which is much healthier and tastier too! Here’s how you make it.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 30 min
Ragi (Finger Millet) flour : 1 cup
Ghee : ½ cup
Palm Sugar : ½ cup
Grated Fresh Coconut : ¼ cup
Black Sesame : 2 tbsp
Groundnuts : 2 tbsp
Almonds : 8-10
Cardamom powder : ¼ tsp
Get weekly updates on the latest blogs via newsletters right in your mailbox.
- In a shallow pan and low heat, dry roast black sesame, groundnuts and grated fresh coconut separately. Keep them aside to cool.
- Remove the skin from the groundnuts.
- Add a tsp of ghee to the pan and toast the almonds for a minute or two and keep them aside.
- Add the Ragi flour to the pan along with 2-3 tbsp of ghee and roast for 15-20 minutes. Add more ghee if needed.
- Add the roasted almonds, groundnuts, coconut and black sesame. Keep stirring.
- Add the palm sugar and cardamom powder. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Apply ghee onto your palm; take 3-4 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ladoo. Add more ghee if needed to make a firm, round ladoo.
The health benefits of natural foods are well documented and among the most consistent findings in nutrition science. Natural foods are not only good for you but can be quite delicious! At Isha Life
, choose natural foods that promote good health, naturally.