At Isha Yoga Center Mahashivratri has been celebrated with great pomp and grandeur for many years. A cultural extravaganza of music, dance and powerful guided meditations conducted by Sadhguru, the event regularly draws hundreds of thousands each year. An even larger number of people witness and participate in the event online through our live webstream and on TV through our media partners.
Mar 1st, 2022 : 6 pm – Nightlong
Performing Group – Sounds of Isha and other renowned artist
Place – Isha Yoga Center
Address – Isha Yoga Center, Velliangiri Foothills, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, 641114
Mahashivratri is celebrated with great pomp and vigor at Isha Yoga Center. Lakhs of people from all over India and the rest of the world participate in the unique nightlong gathering and Satsang with Sadhguru.
Powerful meditations are conducted by Sadhguru throughout the night, interspersed with lively and colorful cultural programs.
At the stroke of midnight, Sadhguru initiates the huge gathering into a very powerful meditation which is the most looked forward to event of the night.
A Powerful Mantra Chant
A simple chant becomes a powerful process of transformation in the presence of a realized master. This Mahashivratri, join us on the Live webstream to participate in this guided meditation led by Sadhguru. Learn More
Prepare for Mahashivratri – Mahashivratri Sadhana
The Mahashivratri sadhana is a preparation for Mahashivratri – a night of tremendous possibilities. Anyone over the age of seven can participate in the sadhana. Learn More
Mahashivratri at Home
The natural upsurge of energy within the human body allows one to do certain types of powerful sadhana which would normally be unsuitable for those who have not put in the necessary preparation.
As most people know, we have always instructed people not to do chanting of the Mahamantra “AUM Namah Shivaya” in normal circumstances. But on the night of Mahashivratri, one can do this sadhana and reap many benefits.
Those who cannot be at the Isha Yoga Center during Mahashivratri can make use of the night in the following manner.
- It is most beneficial to stay awake, aware and in a vertical position throughout the night, without lying down.
- You can prepare your room by lighting a lamp or a Linga Jyothi, and placing a Dhyanalinga Yantra or Sadhguru’s picture, flowers, incense etc.
- You can chant, sing or listen to devotional songs and chants.
- If alone, it is good to take a walk or be with nature. If in a group, it is good to be silent as far as possible.
- The midnight sadhana can be performed in the following manner: 11:10 pm to 11:30 pm – Nadi Shuddhi; 11:30 pm to 11:50 pm – AUM chanting; 11:50 pm to 12:10 am – Chanting of the Mahamantra, “AUM Namah Shivaya.”
- If you are following the celebrations through live telecasts and webcasts, you can follow the meditation instructions given there.