The Shivanga Sadhana for Gents is a powerful 42-day vrata (period of sadhana). Offered by Sadhguru, this sadhana enhances one's receptivity to the energies of Dhyanalinga, and allows one to explore deeper levels of experience in body, mind, and energy. The sadhana is also an opportunity to make a pilgrimage to the sacred Velliangiri Mountain, and be initiated into Shiva Namaskar, a powerful practice. The sadhana starts every full moon day and culminates on the Shivratri of the next month in the Isha Yoga Center.
Contact Details :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +91-83000 30666
Please submit your inquiries here
Upcoming Initiation and Culmination dates - SHIVANGA for men 2019
|Initiation||Culmination Date||Yatra Date|
|Oct 24, Wed (2018)||Dec 05, Wed (2018)||Dec 6, Thu (2018)|
|Nov 22, Thu (2018)||Jan 04, Fri||Jan 05, Sat|
|Dec 22, Sat (2018)||Feb 03, Sun||Feb 04, Mon
|Jan 20, Sun||March 04, Mon||March 04, Mon
|Feb 19, Tue||April 03, Wed||April 04, Thu|
|Mar 20, Wed||May 03, Fri||May 04, Sat|
|Apr 19, Fri
|Jun 01, Sat||Jun 02, Sun|
|May 18, Sat
|Jul 01, Mon||Jul 02, Tue|
|Jun 17, Mon||Jul 30, Tue||Jul 31, Wed
|Jul 16 Tue
|Aug 28, Wed||Aug 29 Thu|
|Aug 15, Thu||Sep 27, Fri||Sep 28, Sat
|Sep 13, Fri||Oct 26, Sat||Oct 27, Sun
|Oct 13, Sun||Nov 24, Sun||Nov 25, Mon|
|Nov 12, Tue||Dec 24, Tue||Dec 25, Wed|
Sadhana Guidelines For Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
“Something has changed in the physical, mental, and emotional levels, and something is happening on the energy level which I can’t describe. It’s been very supportive and uplifting, and though I have no clue what it is all about, I am enjoying it”
“There are really no words to describe the experience…Shiva is with us. It has really demolished the ego and changed the way we experience life.”
“For two years now I have been observing this process and every time I do it I feel enveloped by the grace of the Devi. The sadhana has also allowed me to embrace people and also inculcate a strong sense of determination to break barriers. I am extremely grateful to Sadhguru for this tremendous experience.”
“During the Devi Sadhana, her Grace supported me not just in daily life activities but also in my practices. The energy space around me felt like she was present all the time, sharing like a friend, protecting like a mother and guiding always.”