The Shivanga Sadhana for Gents is a powerful 42-day vrata (period of sadhana). Offered by Sadhguru, this sadhana enhances one's receptivity to the energies of Dhyanalinga, and allows one to explore deeper levels of experience in body, mind, and energy. The sadhana is also an opportunity to make a pilgrimage to the sacred Velliangiri Mountain, and be initiated into Shiva Namaskar, a powerful practice. The sadhana starts every full moon day and culminates on the Shivratri of the next month in the Isha Yoga Center.
The Shivanga Sadhana for Ladies happens once a year, during the 21 days leading up to Thaipoosam Purnima (the full moon day in the lunar month of Thai) with a different set of practices and discipline suitable for women. This special sadhana will open one up to receive the Grace of Linga Bhairavi. The initiation starts 21 days prior to Thaipoosam, and the closing takes place at Linga Bhairavi on Thaipoosam Purnima.
Contact Details :
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +91-83000 83111
Please submit your inquiries here
Upcoming Initiation and Culmination dates - SHIVANGA for men
|Initiation||Culmination Date||Yatra Date|
|Apr 29, Sun
|Jun 12, Tue||Jun 13, Wed|
|May 29, Tue (Buddha Purnima)||Jul 11, Wed||Jul 12, Thu|
|Jun 27, Wed||Aug 9, Thu||Aug 10, Thu
|Jul 27, Fri (Gurupurnima)||Sep 08, Sat||Sep 09, Sun|
|Aug 26, Sun||Oct 07, Sun||Oct 08, Mon (Mahalaya Amavasya)|
|Sep 24, Mon||Nov 05, Mon||Nov 06, Tue (Deepavali)|
|Oct 24, Wed||Dec 05, Wed||Dec 06, Thu|
|Nov 22, Thu||January 2019||January 2019|
|Dec 22, Sat||February 2019||February 2019|
Sadhana Guidelines For Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
“Something has changed in the physical, mental, and emotional levels, and something is happening on the energy level which I can’t describe. It’s been very supportive and uplifting, and though I have no clue what it is all about, I am enjoying it”
“There are really no words to describe the experience…Shiva is with us. It has really demolished the ego and changed the way we experience life.”
“For two years now I have been observing this process and every time I do it I feel enveloped by the grace of the Devi. The sadhana has also allowed me to embrace people and also inculcate a strong sense of determination to break barriers. I am extremely grateful to Sadhguru for this tremendous experience.”
“During the Devi Sadhana, her Grace supported me not just in daily life activities but also in my practices. The energy space around me felt like she was present all the time, sharing like a friend, protecting like a mother and guiding always.”