- A powerful 42-day vrata
- Initiation into the sacred “Shiva Namaskar” process
- Pilgrimage to the Velliangiri Mountains known as the “Kailash of the South” (optional)
- Provides a strong physical and psychological basis for inner exploration
Online initiation: Jan 28, 2021
Online culmination: Mar 11, 2021
Sadhana Guidelines For Men:
- The sadhana begins on Purnima (full moon day) and ends on Shivratri (day before the new moon), 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shiva Namaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shiva Namaskar should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is optional for the Shivangas to come to the Dhyanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivratri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
- The Shivanga kit is needed for the sadhana. You can order this kit from Isha Life.
“Life has changed a lot now, it has improved tremendously. I have experientially started seeing that Shiva is everywhere. In my experience, everything is Shiva, only Shiva.”
“I kept chanting Shiva Shambho as I climbed [the Velliangiri Mountain]. I don't know how I reached the top. It felt like somebody else carried me up.”