The Smooth Ride to Kailash
In this week's Spot, Sadhguru writes about the changes in Kailash he encountered on Isha's annual trek: "This has been the smoothest ride to Kailash, but the pilgrimage may eventually be turned into a picnic. Deluxe buses traveling to Manasarovar and Kailash were distressing for me personally. The most disturbing factor being that the roads are being laid even along the parikrama..."

This has been the smoothest ride to Kailash, thanks to the Chinese road builders. The amazing pace and quality of their road building has to be appreciated. This will definitely make a great change in the economic and social life of Tibet. But the pilgrimage to Kailash is a big loser as it may eventually be turned into a picnic. Deluxe buses traveling to Manasarovar and Kailash were distressing for me personally. The most disturbing factor is that the roads are being laid even along the parikrama, except for a six kilometer distance. That is at an elevation of around 19,000 feet. Though all of this has been done with the intention of providing comfort for the pilgrims, it’s disturbing for me. I am making an effort to talk to the Chinese Embassy through the Indian Government to see if we can at least stop the vehicular movement upon the sacred parikrama.

Beyond all this, being at Kailash is always fantastic at the least. The sheer power of the place and of course the beauty are overwhelming and inspiring. This time around, I am in the process of accessing a certain dimension of Kailash. I am latching onto a particular strand of Kailash towards a specific goal and in the coming year, I am sure that this aspect will manifest and find fruit.

Except for the lack of adventure in the drive, everything else was just fine. Next time, that is in 2012, I am hoping to take another route with a small group. This route traverses across mountains and upon rocky paths and a few rickety bridges at over 5,200 meters elevation, and there is a good chance of seeing the legendary wild yak that is supposed to be huge and people say ‘horn to horn’ is six-feet wide – I will believe it when I see one. But sounds exciting. The comfort seekers can of course travel the highway.

I had to rush back to Delhi from Kathmandu as Anna’s fast was heading for the seventh day and I could not stay away. Agitations are always very intoxicating. This one was inspiring, interesting and intoxicating. But the big question is: did we need so much drama to pass a simple law to stem corruption that is eating at the vitals of this nation? Why does someone have to agitate? Is it not the duty of the lawmakers to make laws as per the requirement of the national situation and need? Considering the level and volume of corruption in recent times, is there even a debate about the need to curb it?

There is a not So Maha – Bharath behind all this…

Love & Grace

i am going to spread this message all over world... bless me master...

Sadhguru's perception soo beautiful and poetic

Was blessed to be part of the A3 group, and was blessed to see the North, South and West faces of Kailash, and weather co-operated in such a big fashion.  We even had a chance to see a glimpse of the sunset on the west side from the north shimmering like gold.  But, as Sadhguru said, roads are well laid, and how much of one's unwanted thoughts that one could lose before we see Kailash?  People were fully occupied with their camcorders and cameras even though they well know that the Internet is full of Kailash and Manasaravor's wonderful pictures...

Manasarovar - to me - brought the much required tears to my eyes.. are they of devotion - i don't know - but atleast I could relate to the feminine aspect within myself.

Kailash, Bhakthapur & PashupathiNath temple : wish I had the necessary awareness to experience them. well, may be next time :)

Your words are so true Sadhguru. There is a lot of difference between agitation and a movement ! Shambo !

Suren

after reading this , of coarse i missed the earlier trip in the year 2009 ,i decided to take the coming trip in 2012 to be the part team

So true. As you say there is a lot of difference between agitation and a movement ! Shambo !

Sadhguru
you consciously chose to be here in this life time on this day today
and how fortunate we are to have you as our guru even if we are born
unconsciously. Please accept my offering unto your feet and bless us.

Thanks for sharing Sadhguru :)

The activities on curruption is started impacting the VVIPs and to the core. Each individuals thinking & action now needed for a real MAHA BHARATH

I wish that I could go, but my nees hurt very, very much...... it looks to me that we need to have a good phisical for this ........

Waiting for my turn, to get immerse.

It was disturbing to read about the road being built around the parikrama of the magnificent Kailas mountain. I had done the parikrama in 2008 and must say that the whole experience of undergoing immense hardship is the charm of this 'once in a lifetime' pilgrimage. Kailas is the abode of the Lord and it is he who decides how to deal with all the mortals who try every means of cashing in on an economically viable situation.

Want to be a part of the small group with Sadhguru on the difficult path to Kailash. I wish I wish......

when the roads are laid can you include te asthamitcs and other diseased persons who mwould like to come

Dear Sadhguru , Its exciting to hear about the next trip , I will be most blessed if i can get the chance !

Lovely Spot!!!! not So Maha Bharat!!!!!  :)

sadhguru, please bless the nation and people so that new uncorrupt, strong, versatile, courageous and efficient leader rule the country and provide and protect the people.

If the talk to the Chinese Embassy through the Indian Government is successful, it'll be really great to see the sacred place with adventure.... Else there won't be much excitement to visit the place as today....!!!

I believe on Sadhguru....!!!

Love you Sadhguru....!!!!!

when I'll look at the mountain, its so awesome

visiting kailash is my unfulfilled dream due to certain physical problems. may be the roads will make it easier for people like me. but still what is a pilgrimage when it loses its charm.
That kailash is such a distant dream makes me yearn for it. If it becomes a picnic then that will be a very sad day indeed. But sadhguru will find a way.
love