Poem: Of Giving and Living
In this week’s Spot, Sadhguru pens a poem entitled “Of Giving and Living”. Sadhguru writes, “Saw a flower thought it was giving / On a closer look realized it is only living / Giving an idea sprouted in the minds / Of those succumbed to cerebral complex.” Sadhguru questions our concept of what giving means, and expresses what it truly means to live.

Of Giving and Living

Saw a flower thought it was giving
On a closer look realized it is only living
Giving an idea sprouted in the minds
Of those succumbed to cerebral complex
Holding concepts as virtue over living
Living not an idea but a boundless real
Giving and taking transactions of petty minds
Living is the only grandeur that will endure
Test of time and stretch of timeless

Is All just a striving to sustain the living
In becoming just the living is the fruition
Of all life within and without
Shall we abandon and deny the cosmic
Deny living to nurture a conceptual comic
This not of giving and living but living and living
Living not as a process of acquiring and hoarding
Living as life can only be, just a throb
That leaves no distinction betwixt common and cosmic

Love & Grace

"This not of giving and living but living and living Living not as a process of acquiring and hoarding" - To live, dont we need the acquiring and saving (hoarding)? Shall we leave everything in God's hands and say I am living I am living? If not people who are outside acquiring, Saving and giving , where from do the people get to eat and live? I partially disagree with this poem - partially though.

How very true, only human beings think of concepts like giving and taking when we actually own nothing to give. we only take. We need Sadhguru in his infinite wisdom to remind us this truth.

I am giving ,only to be human
Iam letting out,only for lifting the soul
emotions , memories, goals and aims
filling us with no space for the divine.
when u really give , your are letting the god out
to enter and make space in the little heart.
when u give nothing , u can get nothing divine
what wonders can divine do in this little heart
can only be felt when you welcome it .
the joy in giving is the same as the blossoming of the
fragrant rose bud.
its a joy to see a flower bloom
lets welcome the divine to flow with full swing by giving
heartily
.giving is the road way to shivas path
lets walk his path with all might
who knows there could be a day
when we actually find him on the way !
you inspire me sad guru! I have never seen you
till now but yes felt you many a times !
many a times when I read about you, I feel I am you.
I do not know what it is but I always felt you!

Oh... Sadhguru... tears rolling down my cheeks... am I crying? No. Am just letting this sink into this and clean the INNERs - not conceptually.. really.

This is the essence of Heart Sutra by Avalokiteśvara..!

if giving is the true essence of life of joy then why people charge for everything before giving

Sadhguru you found me. Time for sadhana :-)

We don't take either. Forget taking. Even "we" don't exist. Forget "we" , even "I" don't exist. "I exist" is an illusion. Nothingness is the only reality. Even those are only words. I will just shut up now!!!

I am in the process of just initiating myself to the path of divine life. Trying to learn the procedure of Surya namaskar and Surya Kriya.

Giving and receiving are the "transactions" How beautifully put. Being is living and observing oneself is living. There is no death. being is eternal. Where does love come into the picture? Is it just an emotion or is it Life itself?

Ofcourse everyday we are seeing..always thought of giving or taking....BUT as Sadhguru told never thought of ..."LIVING".......more than human beings...they are very peacefully LIVING....they never disturb us...but we only disturb "THEM" in so many ways...Isha Paramanu

Pranams Sadhguru...... Really very nice...

The next time we see a beautiful flower we should resist the urge to roughly pluck it to decorate our hair or drawing room vase thinking God intended it so. Let it continue to spread its colour and fragrance to bring joy to more creatures even though it is merely following a small step in the process of procreation. As Sadhguru say it is not "giving", but "living" and yet we can partake in the beauty of the process without disturbing its presence. A million Pranams to Sadhguru ......

such a beautiful poem but it has a very deep meaning. true, we are here only for a matter of time and nothing in this world we truly own because we will all pass away.