From West to Midwest
In this week’s Spot, Sadhguru conducts the Shambhavi initiation in Los Angeles, then heads to Chicago for a number of other events. “Today I am in Chicago for a high profile evening event and Bhairavi consecrations.. It is significant that this is 108 years after Swami Vivekananda made his entry into the Western world through the gateway of Chicago. "

From Down Under to Los Angeles for the Shambhavi initiation. The online program is doing a fabulous job in terms of preparing people. It is very touching to see the tenderness and trust that people are coming with. It is an immense possibility and a tremendous tool for raising human consciousness large scale. It is like they’ve had me in their homes for 7 days, and being here for the initiation is such a big possibility. What is being done in India mass scale can easily be achieved here and in the rest of the world through the Inner Engineering Online program.

Los Angeles is both a beauty and a beast. It has the ingredients to be among the most beautiful cities and it’s quite a beast too. LA is like the Mumbai of India.

Today I am in Chicago for a high profile evening event and Bhairavi consecrations. Chicago is named after the “shikaakwa” - the stinky onions that are found along the banks of the Chicago river; this city for sure has many strong smells to it.

Go-North was the policy for the African-Americans, who either were freed or escaped from slavery in the South. In this Go-North, Chicago became an important destination and railhead made the needed facilitation, and the engineering industry promised livelihood.

A cauldron of ethnic cocktails made this city interesting and volatile at once. A great possibility for progress and disaster -- and this city has seen plenty of both. Even today it has the highest gross metropolitan product in the USA, and also the highest rate of murders. It was known as a crime capital at one time, housed the likes of Al Capone and Dillinger, but of course it did an Obama on the world. For those who know the history of the struggle that the African-Americans have been through to find a footing in this city, the Obama election victory must have been the greatest and sweetest moment they ever saw. A product of Chicago had some influence upon me on my early years in the form of Ernest Hemingway. I am ready for you Chicago. Are you ready for me?

It is significant that this is 108 years after Swami Vivekananda made his entry into the Western world through the gateway of Chicago. Here I am…

Love & Grace

Swami Vivekananda never been to Russia, are we so good or so hoopless?
Dear Sadhguru, pls come to us too!!!!!!!!!!!! (from Russia with love :)))))

Informative... Exploring cultures lifestyles n their origin is sth that always fascinates me... i am seeing the world thru YOUR eyes... Thank YOU Sadhguruji.... Travelling is sth i have been dreaming of from my childhood... Not alone in this world but of all the three worlds...LOL

all the best

So much about Chicago! Wow...I never knew Chicago was inhabited by criminals. I have started to look forward to each and every week's Sadhguru spot!

“My dear brothers and sisters of America” by swami vivekananda... Now how is my master going to address :) waiting eagerly for next week's post :)

Also, a link to the online program page / portal would be great here on this post. IMHO.

Jai Bairavi ! Jai Sadhguru ! Jai Chicago ! Jai LA ! Jai Swami Vivekananda ! It is wonderful to be alive when I see this Sadhguru Spot. Really wonderful.................l.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh. wooooooooooooooooow Sadhguru

There's so much of a possibility waiting to happen in all of Russia and eastern european countries. Spirituality knows no borders or languages. Maria, may be Sadhguru in his compassion will be there soon. Let's make it happen.

Hip Hip Hurrah ! !

Dearest Sadhguru,

The initiation in Los Angeles was so divine! You have touched my soul deeply. What a memorable and precious time we all had! I am bathing in grace. So grateful! Millions of thanks. Indeed, it is very significant that you are in Chicago after Swami Vivekananda 108 years entry! Go! Go! Go! Sadhguru! With speed light, the whole world will have reached a new level of expanded consciousness. I am in your committed team! I am ready for you! Here I am....

I bow to you.
Your blossoming flower, Vivi

i think railroad has been misspelt as railhead.

liking forward to sadhguru spot next week..... :D

Sadhguru.....When are you coming to the middle east (United Arab Emirates)? I wish you set your foot here too.....please consecrate this space of earth too....

Jai Sadhguru!!

By this way, the 22nd century's Earth won't have a human being without A Drop of Spirituality! Surely!!!

The Los Angeles Shambavi was so beautiful it brought tears of joy to my eyes.  As a volunteer I will add that everything flowed in complete harmony.  A small step closer to a blissful world!!

Sadhguru's influence is percolating in various parts of USA! When we are ripe and ready for Isha Yoga Inner engineering, it happens to us. That's what many people say and it is so true!

I saw your all information. it's really wonderful.  Now only i come to know this blog. So I very proud to participate in this.

108 years .......... the rudraksh mala used for chanting also has 108 beads.