Inner Engineering with Sadhguru in Hyderabad

Sadhguru conducted an Inner Engineering program for more than 3000 people in Hyderabad last weekend (15th-17th February). It was a rare opportunity for participants to be with Sadhguru for the three days during the program, where they were initiated into the ancient yoga kriya Shambhavi Maha Mudra.

An Isha volunteer of many years shares her experiences, both of this event as well as how times have changed in the Hyderabad Chapter:

The Hyderabad Inner Engineering mega program held at Hitex from 15th to 17th February has just come to an end. Around 3,000 people are crowding around Sadhguru, clamoring for a handshake, a touch, a look, a blessing. Tears streaming, smiles beaming, an inner knowing that something significant has happened to them. As they keep calling him back after he leaves, he returns to say goodbye again and the crowd erupts, is ecstatic again. As I watch human beings who have been transformed over a weekend, I am awestruck and speechless.

I am transported to the first Inner Engineering program where Sadhguru taught the Shambhavi Maha Mudra Kriya in Hyderabad, in September 2002, which I had attended. His compassionate smile evoked the same response, but all the volunteers had come from TamilNadu. Then, in July 2005, we had the first eight-day, teacher-led program, with 120 participants and only eight volunteers. That program, which was the start of regular Isha programs in Hyderabad, happened with so much intensity! From 120 to more than 3,000 participants, from 8 volunteers to over 350; and I am amazed that the current program has happened with even more intensity than before, there is no dilution due to the larger number of people.

We are over 350 volunteers, working hard since the last four months to reach out to make this happen.  As we gathered for a volunteer’s meeting on Thursday evening, the excitement was high and each one was so intense, so willing to do just whatever was needed to make this happen for the participants. I see that team work means sheer willingness and nothing else.

The participants come in on Friday evening, tentative, unsure, wary of even smiling at each other. On Saturday, by the afternoon, the body language is still guarded, but they smile a little more. By the end of the day, they are smiling openly, greeting volunteers with namaskarams, talking to each other and are so much more open. They come in early on Sunday morning, with excitement and anticipation for the initiation day. One can clearly see as they listen with rapt attention, that they are so much more willing and unrestricted. During the first initiation, being in the hall team, I have my eyes open. I see the hundreds of people being initiated by the Master, their tears flowing with mine, and I am so grateful, just for having been part of this moment, a historic moment for Hyderabad city itself.

After the initiation, we have to remove the cushions. The participants become volunteers… the cushions are removed by them even before the volunteers start working! They help to lay the chairs. We get a message, no, let the cushions stay for the next session. These new volunteers, willingly, without a complaint, simply get to the task! The transformation is complete, as is my gratitude for this opportunity to be a small part of this phenomenon.

Sadhguru finally leaves. The old and new volunteers ask each other, “When is the next mega program in Hyderabad?”

It was a superb spiritual experience and got clarity of vision and deeper understanding of life processes.thanks to Sadguru.Dr.Dharamchand

Amazing... feel the energy reading this article .. :)

I thought of avoiding this program. Having attended this program i felt that it could have been a big mistake in my life if at all I avoided this program
Satya Prasad

I attended the program with lot of curiosity and interest - was good and amazed that I could close my eyes for 21 minutes during the initiation - hope to be able to do that regularly as recommended and get it right.

I was eagerly waiting to be introduced to the programme by Sadhguru. Meeting him for the first time and getting to experience his innovation and its effective way of making "me" recognise the "inner me" was incredible.That 21 minutes of concentration and feeling the natural breath within "me" was indeed like an adventurous tour helping to know the "self". Hope to continue with the practise regularly as required, to stay healthy and stress free.

Everyone must have heard about "Open Heart" surgery before... Inner Engineering is an "Open Life" Surgery by the Sadhguru !!

After the Shambhavi Kriya , I feel My breath as a butterfly moving in and out of the garden of the real "Me" ..in pleasure !!

!!namaskaram!!

Recent i attend in the jagadguru inner enginerring class at hyd.. starting when enter in to hall. i surprise with volunter they heartly wishes to come namasakram . after i suprise with the words of sadguru speech . about life & love. starting ever one face look something to do like that. next day every one face look very glow with sweet smile . good experience life with sadguru. while gurudev teach about shambhavi to us .. we done shambhavi perfectly .
with the shambhavi our body will be become very freely. we will become a
very happily mood and joyfull . our mind be refreshment there is no
body pain no angry no nothing in wil be come again in you . for doing
shambhavi..
excellent shambavi mudra.with these my angry was gone.. my dirty
toughts have gone . now iam fully happy to talk everyone with peace of
mind. i really thank u jagadguru.. steps was 1. patanga asanam(
butterfly) 2. sheshupala asanam baby shake 3. cat 4.bond 5. anlom vilom
.. ineer exercular .. air from nose. 6. ohm 21 tymes 7. be concentra on
our air excular & inner on mind. keep our head upstairs.

“Just 1% of the population, if you make them meditative, you
will have a different kind of world to live “ –sadguru.

really its most wounderful moment in my life to be in that program ."thanks sadhguru."is a small word to express .

wow! people who were able to join this great event are so lucky. hope to really be able to experience something this mystical yet fulfilling.

Beautifully written. Brings out the true essence of being a volunteer. I have volunteered in IE programs before and I completely relate to what you say about how one sees the transformation happening in the participants and they automatically become volunteers. Amazing - A silent revolution indeed!! I still prefer the full 7-day program though :)

Dr. Sudha Iyer, this must be you ?! expressed so well, thanks! :)

working together as a team without any inhibitions and also getting initiated by Sadhguru himself has been a really Life Transforming weekend with Sadhguru. Looking forward to volunteer for more such programs....The participants were really wonderful...hope to see them all in the next programs as volunteers...

As Sadhguru said I have fixed my mind, my outlook towards life has changed drastically. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.!!!

The first time I had the opportunity to listen to Sadguru is in 2007 in a CII conference and during his talk he asked a question to the audience. “Why is it that a child needs a reason to be unhappy where as when he grows up into an adult he needs a reason to be happy?”. It made profound impact on me to realize that we lose our natural instincts to live life fully. We get bogged down as we grow up and we let the bad experiences than the good, that we accumulate along the way, affect us more.
The three days spent with Sadguru in Hyderabad program has helped me open up my mind to appreciate the existential reality of life and the possibilities
of nurturing intuitive experiences through better understanding of my body, my
mind, my emotions and my internal energy. Sadguru with his powerful and
compelling wisdom has made us realize that the source of a blissful life is
within one self and it is possible to seek that bliss from within, without
necessarily disconnecting oneself from the practical realities of the physical
world. He has clearly unraveled this mystery which is refreshingly different
from the meta-philosophy presented as the essence of Indian scriptures by
various scholars over the centuries.