- A powerful 42-day vrata
- Initiation into the sacred “Shiva Namaskar” process
- Pilgrimage to the Velliangiri Mountains known as the “Kailash of the South”
- Provides a strong physical and psychological basis for inner exploration
Sadhana Guidelines For Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
- For those being initiated for the first time - 400 INR
- For those who have been initiated previously - 250 INR
“Life has changed a lot now, it has improved tremendously. I have experientially started seeing that Shiva is everywhere. In my experience, everything is Shiva, only Shiva.”
“I kept chanting Shiva Shambho as I climbed [the Velliangiri Mountain]. I don't know how I reached the top. It felt like somebody else carried me up.”