Information Collection and Use
We collect and use your information below to provide, understand, and improve our Services.
What Types of Information Does Isha USA Collect about visitors?
- Personal health information - ‘Personal Health information’ is identifying information about an individual relating to their physical or mental health (including medical history).
- Payment Information - You may provide us with payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address when you register for a program or make a donation. These details are used for one-time processing.
- Other Information - “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This might include, for instance, browser and device information; App usage data; information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies; demographic information and other information provided by you; or aggregated information. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes described below.
- IP Address - Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files or third party tools that we use whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. Isha USA uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Sites, and monitoring the regions from which you navigate to the Foundation’s websites.
How Does Isha USA Collect Information?
Personal Information - We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Websites: We may collect Personal Information through the websites, e.g., when you register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. meditation, music), or register for an Isha program.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with customer support, or when you contact chat support or city center.
- Through You: Our marketing and analytical vendors may collect information such as your location or your preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. Note that there is no legal obligation for you to provide us with Personal Information and any information collected by us will be provided by you at your own will and with your consent.
- Information From Other Sources: We might acquire information from third party vendors to enhance target marketing.
Other Information - We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device such as computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using.
- Through Your Use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through Links: In order to operate our services, we keep track of how you interact with links across our services. This includes links in emails we send you and links on the website.
- Through third party tools: Isha USA uses hosting services, web analytics, marketing automation platforms that may collect information about website visitors.
- By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
What information does Isha USA share and disclose?
How Can I Access, Correct, Amend or Remove Information About Me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Information about you that has been collected and stored by Isha USA, please notify us at contact address listed in this policy so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
You can always opt not to disclose information. However, if you elect to do so, we may be limited in responding to your inquiry or providing services to you.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages from Isha USA by sending an email to the address listed in this policy. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
Physical communications - If you provide us with your postal address online, you may receive information about upcoming events. If you provide your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact regarding orders you have placed, upcoming programs and events.
We take standard allowable business mechanisms to protect information about you that is in our possession and control, such as your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately, no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent between you and us may not be secure, due, for instance, to the security practices that you, your email carrier, and/or Internet provider employ. You should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to us via the Internet.
When we request certain types of sensitive information, such as health or financial information, they will be performed using a secure server. Other transactions regarding sensitive information will also be performed using a secure server.
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States, Canada and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country.
Effective: May 25, 2018
Isha Foundation, Inc.
951 Isha Lane,
McMinnville, TN 37110 USA +1 931-668-1900 / email@example.com