Note: Registration for 2019 is now closed. You can express your interest for next year's Sadhanapada (2020-2021) through the form below.
Sadhanapada at Isha Yoga Center is an offering from Sadhguru to spend 7 months to transform oneself through focused sadhana, including yogic practices and seva (volunteering), and be immersed in the powerful consecrated spaces at the Yoga Center. This time from Guru Purnima to Mahashivratri is viewed as most supportive for one’s spiritual growth.
I was doing different jobs, living in different countries. So there was always that restlessness. I think that one of the biggest things that I didn’t even realize before was how much tension I had. So these seven months of Sadhanapada have been really explosive for me and just the sense of joy and clarity and balance that I got here is really incredible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Attending the Inner Engineering program (Full course with initiation into Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya) is mandatory to participate in Sadhanapada. Also it is essential that you be in good mental, emotional and physical health due to the rigorous nature of the schedule and activity.
- Participating in Isha Hatha Yoga programs (Surya Kriya, Angamardana, Yogasanas) and Advanced Isha Yoga programs (BSP, Shoonya) is highly recommended.
- Understanding of basic English language is required, as it is the medium of instruction (only Tamil translation is available).
- The first step is to fill out the Sadhanapada 2020 Pre-Registration Form.
- After that, there will be an online interview and health assessment for each applicant.
- The Volunteers’ Coordination Department (VCD) will then inform you about the status of your application.
Yes couples and family members are welcome to apply. Each person must fill out their own application form and go through the application process separately.
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, there are no fees for the program. But you should come here with total commitment and willingness to be here for the entire duration of the program.
This is a 7-month program which requires you to be at the Isha Yoga Center continuously from Guru Purnima (July 2020) until Mahashivratri (March 2021). The exact commencement date of the program will be communicated to you by email or phone upon confirmation of your participation.
We encourage all participants to keep communication to a minimum during this time, so that they can focus on the sadhana and the program.
Yes, they can come and meet you outside of scheduled sessions or activity. If they wish to stay, make sure to book a stay for them in the cottages in advance.
To reap the most from this conducive time of the year, it requires a commitment to be intensely focused upon one’s growth for 7 continuous months. So, one should not plan to take any break or leave the supportive environment of the Yoga Center during the program. However, in case of emergency situations, the program coordination team will look at such cases on an individual basis.
- Two wholesome vegetarian meals will be provided, as well as fresh fruit juice or kanji in the afternoon. The first meal is at 10:00/10:45 am and the second at 7:00/7:45 pm.
- The kitchen will not be able to accommodate any specific dietary requirements, hence the participants will have to arrange for it themselves.
Yes, please plan to apply for your visa at least one month in advance of your travel in order to allow for the necessary processing time.
No, a tourist visa will not be appropriate for this program.
The coordination team will guide the confirmed Sadhanapada participants as to what type of visa to apply for and will also provide the necessary documents required from Isha Foundation to apply for the visa.
It is best to follow the advice of your local health professional and/or your respective country's national health service regarding which immunizations you should take before traveling.
Phone: +91 83000 98777
Email : email@example.com