Bhairavi Sadhana is an opportunity to bring forth devotion from within. It is an intense process to enhance one’s receptivity to Devi’s grace through special practices, discipline and offerings.
"Once you empty yourself, Devi has no choice but to be with you. And if Devi is with you, I also have no choice." - Sadhguru
Bhairavi Sadhana is an opportunity to bring forth devotion from within.
The sadhana starts during early Uttarayana, when the sun’s run shifts to the northern hemisphere, a time conducive for spiritual receptivity.
Initiation is on the same day for both ladies and gents. However, for ladies, the sadhana culminates on Thaipusam (the full moon day in the lunar month of Thai) and for gents on Thai Amavasya (the new moon day in the lunar month of Thai).
Culmination for Ladies: 18 Jan 2022
Culmination for Gents: 31 Jan 2022
Whatever one’s aspirations may be - health, wealth, knowledge or transcendence - Devi is the Ultimate Giver of all that and more.
- Intense process to enhance one’s receptivity
- Receive the grace of Devi through special practices, discipline & offerings
- Online initiation and culmination from the comfort of your home
Step 1: Register for this Sadhana.
Step 2: Watch the Initiation Orientation Video prior to initiation day.
Step 3: Attend the Online Initiation Session on 28 December 2021.
Step 4: Go through the sadhana as per guidelines for the given duration (21 days for ladies, 34 days for gents).
Step 5: Watch the Culmination Orientation Video prior to the culmination day.
Step 6: Ladies - Attend the Online Culmination session on 18 January 2022
Gents - Attend the Online Culmination session on 31 January 2022.
** The timings for the Initiation/Culmination session and the link to join will be shared via email closer to the session dates.
It is recommended to have all these items ready before the initiation day. Details on how to use it will be shared with you on that day.
Bhairavi Sadhana kit:
- Linga Bhairavi Devi Photo
- Linga Bhairavi Abhaya Sutra
- Linga Bhairavi Kumkum
- Linga Bhairavi Stuti
The Bhairavi Sadhana Kit can be purchased online through Isha Life:
- Ishalife-Australia (Includes shipment to New Zealand)
- IshaLife-HongKong (Includes shipment to Macau, Taiwan)
- IshaLife-Malaysia (Includes shipment to Indonesia)
Note: If the Bhairavi Sadhana Kit is not available in your region, you can still participate in the sadhana and experience Devi’s grace using the alternatives below for your sadhana.
Alternatives to the Bhairavi Sadhana Kit
- Linga Bhairavi Devi photo
- Oil Lamp or Candle
- Linga Bhairavi Stuti
- Devi Pendant
- If you have one already, you do not need to purchase a new one.
- Oil Lamp or Candle preferably beeswax)
- For lighting the oil lamp, sesame oil, ghee or castor oil are preferred. Otherwise you can use any other vegetable oil available.
- Green Gram/Mung Beans (Raw/Uncooked) or Black Sesame for daily offering
- If you wish, you can keep a red cloth (preferably cotton) under the Devi photo.
- Black Peppercorns
- Karpooravalli (Mexican mint/Cuban oregano)
- If unavailable, you can use neem leaves (or powder).
- Green Gram/Mung Bean sprouts
- For the sprouting process - see FAQ for details.
- If unavailable, you can use soaked peanuts.
- White or light-coloured clothing
- Herbal bathing powder or green gram powder.
- You can also prepare it at home - see FAQ for details.
Instructions will be given during the initiation session. However, please maintain the below during the sadhana:
- Take a shower/bath twice a day using herbal bathing powder instead of soap.
- Avoid smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food.
- Consume only 2 meals each day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Wearing white or light-colored clothing is preferable.
For two years now I have been observing this process and every time I do it, I feel enveloped by the Grace of Devi. The sadhana has also allowed me to embrace people and also inculcate a strong sense of determination to break barriers. I am extremely grateful to Sadhguru for this tremendous experience.
During the Devi Sadhana, Her Grace supported me not just in daily activities but also in my practices and sadhana. The energy space around me felt like She was present all the time, sharing like a friend, protecting like a mother and guiding me always.
This is my first time doing the sadhana and it is a very beautiful experience.I feel closer to Devi, I don't know what that exactly means, but somehow it’s different now. We have a yantra at home, but after doing the sadhana, it feels totally different.