- The traditional greeting in South India is “Namaskaram” with palms joined. Indian culture also tends towards modesty while expressing physical affection.
- You are requested to avoid displays of physical affection such as hugging and holding hands as a mark of respect to the local culture.
- The menu and timings of the meals are carefully planned considering the nature of the program and to support you to derive maximum benefit from your participation in this sacred event.
- It is best to avoid eating anything from outside and in-between the meal breaks.
- Food is eaten in traditional Indian style with the right hand. (If you wish to use a spoon, it is best if you can bring your own.)
- Dormitory Accomodation: (for Karunaalaka, Parijatha and Manoranjitha):
- All the participants will be staying in shared accommodation areas (separate for ladies and gents). Sleeping arrangements will be on the floor, and the area will be carpeted.
- Please avoid wearing your footwear inside. You will be given a cloth bag to keep your footwear in, inside the stay area.
- Please ensure that you get sufficient rest during the break time provided. You are also requested to maintain silence as others may be resting.
- Please avoid using your cell phone at this time inside the stay areas as it will disturb others.
- Consumption of liquor, tobacco, cigarettes, hallucinogens, narcotics, etc., in and around the Yoga Center premises is strictly prohibited. If you are found using or carrying these substances during your stay you will be asked to leave the program. Non-vegetarian food is also not permitted.
- Walking in the Ashram
- When walking in the ashram at night please stay on the pathways (especially at night). Do not wander on the grass areas.
- Please avoid talking on the phone while walking.
- It is not permitted to walk into the surrounding forest areas at any time.
- Please refrain from taking photographs or recordings anywhere within the Yoga Center. Also during the event, do not take photos of Sadhguru or the program happenings.
- We do not have the facility or resources to take care of children/or minors during the program. We request you to arrange guardianship at home for them while you are here.
- Bus: Regular buses are available between Coimbatore and Isha Yoga Center. Bus No 14D runs between Gandhipuram, Coimbatore and Isha Yoga Center approximately every 45 minutes between 5:30am and 10.00pm.
- Taxi: For transport from Railway Station or Airport by taxis, taxi operator’s phone numbers are as below. You are advised to check the charges with the operators and book in advance:
Taxi Taxi: 0422-40506070
Airport Prepaid: 99764 94000
Fast Track: 0422-2200000, 88077 63308
- For any emergency or information you can contact the Help Desk at Adi Yogi Alayam, Spanda Hall, Tent and Dormitory area receptions.
- For the participants staying at cottages, for any assistance, please contact the Cottage Reception. As the cottage key is shared between all occupants, please leave the keys with the reception whenever you leave the cottage.
The program closes on 23rd February. If you wish to, you can stay for Mahashivratri on 24th February. Accommodation will be available till 11:00 AM, 26th February, at no additional cost.