The ubiquitous ladoo made with Ragi (Finger Millet), which is much healthier and tastier too! Here’s how you make it.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 30 min
Ragi (Finger Millet) flour : 1 cup
Ghee : ½ cup
Palm Sugar : ½ cup
Grated Fresh Coconut : ¼ cup
Black Sesame : 2 tbsp
Groundnuts : 2 tbsp
Almonds : 8-10
Cardamom powder : ¼ tsp
- In a shallow pan and low heat, dry roast black sesame, groundnuts and grated fresh coconut separately. Keep them aside to cool.
- Remove the skin from the groundnuts.
- Add a tsp of ghee to the pan and toast the almonds for a minute or two and keep them aside.
- Add the Ragi flour to the pan along with 2-3 tbsp of ghee and roast for 15-20 minutes. Add more ghee if needed.
- Add the roasted almonds, groundnuts, coconut and black sesame. Keep stirring.
- Add the palm sugar and cardamom powder. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Apply ghee onto your palm; take 3-4 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ladoo. Add more ghee if needed to make a firm, round ladoo.