Millet Ginger Cookies Recipe
This crispy millet cookie boasts a snap of ginger and a sweet sprinkle of chocolate chips for a delightful snack or after-dinner treat.
Yield: Makes 20 cookies
Butter, unsalted: 75 gm
Jaggery/Country sugar/Organic cane sugar: 150 gm
Whole Wheat Flour: 100 gm
Sanjeevini Powder (available at Ishashoppe.com, or any millet flour of your choice): 100 gm
Chocolate Chips: 75 gm
Dry Ginger powder: 2 tbsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence: few drops
Salt: a pinch
All-purpose flour: 2 tbsp
Milk: 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream the butter with sugar, vanilla essence, ginger powder, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix all-purpose flour, milk, vegetable oil and baking powder. Make a smooth paste and add to the above butter and sugar mixture.
- Sift whole wheat flour, salt into the butter and sugar bowl and fold into the creamed mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir and mix them thoroughly.
- Take a bit of the cookie dough and make a circle about 3/4 inch in diameter with the palm of your hand, flatten and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 9 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes, then transfer to an air-tight cookie jar.
Editor’s Note: Taste of Well-Being, packed with recipes from the Isha Yoga Centre kitchen, is a book that will help you discover the potential that lies within you and the joy you can derive from the simple act of eating. Interwoven throughout the book are Sadhguru’s insights into digestion, nourishment, classification of foods and more. Download now.