Dussehra at the Isha Yoga Center this year is set to be a grand celebration with special poojas, classical music and dance concerts, folk performances, Navratri Sadhana for devotees and the spectacular Linga Bhairavi procession and Maha Arati in front of Nandi.
The festivities start on September 19 with the annual Kalabhairava Shanthi on the auspicious night of Mahalaya Amavasya for the wellbeing of ancestors and departed relatives.
The nine-day period of Navratri will begin on September 21, culminating on the 30 of September in Vijayadashami – a day of victory over darkness.
During Navaratri at Linga Bhairavi, special Abhishekam offerings are made every 3 days to change Devi’s form. During these nine days she can be experienced as Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati. Also, every night is celebrated with a powerful Navaratri pooja including vibrant offerings of music and dance, a special opportunity to imbibe Devi’s grace.
September 19th – Mahalaya Amavasya
- Agni Arpana – Offering of sesame balls in fire 6:00pm
- Video on Sadhguru speaking about Mahalaya Amavasya 8:30pm
- Kalabhairava Shanthi 11:15pm
September 21st – 29th Navratri
- Durga Days September 21-23
- Lakshmi Days September 24-26
- Saraswati Days September 27-29
- Kumkum/Haridram/Chandanam Abhishekam (On September 21, 24 and 27) 7:00 – 7:30am
- Devi Abhishekam, Arati 7:40am, 12:40pm
- 5:30 – 6:10pm Navaratri Pooja at Linga Bhairavi
- 6:20 – 6:45pm Darshan at Suryakund Mandapam
- 6:45 – 7:45pm Cultural Program at the Suryakund Mandapam
- 21 Sep: Shri Parshwanath Upadhye (Bharatanatyam)
- 22 Sep: Isha Samskriti (Katha)
- 23 Sep: Mannukketharangam (Folk Performance)
- 24 Sep: Shri Aswanth Narayan (Carnatic Vocal)
- 25 Sep: Smt. Geetha Raja (Carnatic Vocal)
- 26 Sep: Smt. Jayashree & Shri Jayaraj (Veena Duet)
- 27 Sep: Ms. Gayathri (Bharatanatyam)
- 28 Sep: Ms. Sunitha Amin (Drupad Concert)
- 29 Sep: Isha Samskriti (Dance)
- 7:45 – 8:30pm Linga Bhairavi Procession & Maha Aarti (On September 21, 24 and 27) All other days Devi Abhishekam, Arati 7:40pm
- 8:30 – 9:10pm Navaratri Sadhana at Linga Bhairavi
September 30th – Vijayadashami
A special Vidyarambham to initiate and support children in the process of education will be conducted on the auspicious day of Vijayadashami, the day of victory. (Open for children between 2 and 12 years of age).
We welcome you to participate in these events. For more information please contact +91-8300083111, or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.